Bills to start Josh Allen; Peterman era over

wackywabbit

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

So what was the one game sitting for? A warning of what happens if he eff's up?

Presumably a belief that Peterman was the best option, at least earlier in the season. That is very clearly not the case now. The mantra all offseason has been the best option will start.

8 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

So what was the one game sitting for? A warning of what happens if he eff's up?

I think it had more to do with not wanting to start a rookie that everyone already knew needed a lot of refinement coming into the draft on the road against one of the better defenses in the league in porous weather. That's a good way to rattle the confidence of your future QB. And AT THE TIME, Peterman at least looked half decent in the preseason and had prior experience against this same Ravens team, so in a way it made sense to throw him to the wolves instead of the guy they invested a ton of resources on. However, given the horrid ineptitude Peterman showed, he kind of forced their hand in terms of starting Allen by default in week 2.

Now that's not to say I think Allen is actually good or will be good, but just pointing out that I don't think the team electing to sit him in week one is necessarily correlated to his talent level or lack thereof.

I do like the move. Toss him out there and see what kind of grit hes made out of.

Theyre sitting up front in the draft regardless. Dont like what you see, or have shell shocked the kid for life.

Oh well.

tumblr_inline_o8xbyscQuV1tdxckh_500.gif

Using 2 first round draft picks to find 1 quality starting qb is not unheard of. And is a risk anyone would take anyway.

2 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

allen was a 50% passer in college and didnt play against elite speed

this guy had bust all over him

I get this is probably the consensus, and as noted in my previous post, I tend to agree with it. However, one thing I will say as a spectator of this past weekend's game is that he's surprisingly more mobile and elusive than I expected him to be. The porous conditions probably helped a bit in terms of alluding defenders, but in general he looked pretty good making things happen with his legs. And while the accuracy issues are valid, on initial glance, they didn't seem nearly as bad as what we saw out of a guy like Mitch Trubisky on Sunday. There's certainly promise there.

Archived