BDL 2018 Week 2 - Portland Horned Owls @ Seoul Dragons

ny92mike

Portland Horned Owls @ Seoul Dragons  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Portland Horned Owls
    • Seoul Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/2018 at 04:00 PM

portland vs seoul

this was a cool matchup to read. seoul has the stronger team talent wise but i felt like both teams knew who they were playing and it helped them build better game plans for each other.

now what i will say is that Portland is going to have an extremely tough time moving the ball on the ground. especially with Seoul stacking 8 into the box. portland is trying to get their offense started with the run so this is going to be a challenege. but, the only bad thing with 8 in the box is that if ajayi breaks 1 tackle, or if shady makes 1 person miss.. they are off to the races. portland also mentioned if the box was stacked they would start spreading the ball around. Davante Adams proved last week that he can get open on a premier corner in the league, so i wouldn't knock the chance of him having a nice game. the cover 3 with 2 high safeties was a great idea for portland. seoul said they wanted to get their receivers open with flood routes and cover 3 is def a perfect defense for that. sad to say thou, they are going to have to find a way to guard AJ green, who's going to get open, and with matty ice throwing the ball it will be difficult to hold him. where portland is making a mistake is leaving matt ryan unblitzed. you're not gonna be able to get to him every play and the plays you dont' the receivers are going to get open. and travis kelce is going to cause huge problems  for portland because he is good at sneaking in cracks of a zone, and matt can get it to him. Ty Hilton is also going to cause havoc because he can slip past in zones as well. I feel like portland should've have trust their DBs more and put them in more man2man situations, while blitzing matt ryan, instead of just dropping back 8 and hoping they get to him. seoul came well prepared for the two TE look, and they are going to keep 7 in the box to pressure Derek carr and force him to make bad throws, like he's been doing for the past two weeks. they key to this game would be portalnds protection of derek car. but with the two TE's to add protections, can he really rely on boyd and adams to get open all game?

i give the game to the dragons.

Such an interesting match up. Both teams want to establish the run, and should have success doing it. Problem is that Seoul seems to know exactly what coverages to expect from Portland, and has the personnel to exploit it. Also, funnily enough, is that Portland wants to match Jenkins and Telvin on Kelce, and Seoul is ASKING for the same matchup. To me, Kelce can win that match up more often than not. I think Seoul wins this game.

I’m looking for Seoul’s offensive line liabilities and I can’t find them. The problem for Portland is similar to Wichita v LB and it’s I don’t know if they can score. Maybe John Ross can catch someone napping and I do think they can get some kind of running game going. 

Seoul should be able to function their offense pretty regularly. Matt Ryan may make a mistake or two but he’s got winnable matchups. I don’t understand a couple of their roster moves on D (won’t say), but elsewhere they’re looking good. Hilton v Carr one on one is gold. They might reach 30 but 20 is a reasonable bet. Portland scoring 20 would surprise and I can see some scenarios where they have issues getting to (and past) 10 points. That’s enough for my vote.

Portland trading his pass rush for another qb lets you know how this franchise feels about Derek Carr.

I think Carr has looked much better so far this year and thats ;earning a new playbook.  Irregardless, Seoul just has too much here though i think Portland will have some success, at least enough to make this game close in a run fest by both teams

Seoul 21-16

7 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Portland trading his pass rush for another qb lets you know how this franchise feels about Derek Carr.

I think Carr has looked much better so far this year and thats ;earning a new playbook.  Irregardless, Seoul just has too much here though i think Portland will have some success, at least enough to make this game close in a run fest by both teams

Seoul 21-16

Oh I love Carr, still think he's a top 12 QB (Thanks btw) it's just I have no faith in the Raiders to build a good team around him, plus his contract isn't exactly team building friendly for BDL. 

Oh well GG Ted.

Archived