Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

We better make a freaking move and soon or this season is going in the dumpster. Please tell me Howie doesn't think a healthy Mills/Darby solves our issues.

This is what I'm scared of. Darby and Mills are not the answers to a secondary that's already regularly getting burnt. They should provide marginal improvement, but it'll be like going from a 3/10 to a 4.5/10.

48 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

This is what I'm scared of. Darby and Mills are not the answers to a secondary that's already regularly getting burnt. They should provide marginal improvement, but it'll be like going from a 3/10 to a 4.5/10.

Darby is basically just faster Sidney Jones. He can't stay healthy and he gets burnt a lot. Our CB's are so disgustingly bad, from top to bottom.

The idea of Ramsey was awesome. The actuality of giving up 2 1sts and then all of our cap next year was just not feasible. Howie made the right move. He’ll get one or two pieces in here for much cheaper with much more flexibility I’m certain. Face it, we have some holes on this roster next year and we’re going to need the money to fill them. I mean, if the Jacksons can’t come back strong we’re talking about G, WR(s), CB(s), DT, LB(s), S(?). We’re going to need those firsts and the money spread out a bit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Darby is basically just faster Sidney Jones. He can't stay healthy and he gets burnt a lot. Our CB's are so disgustingly bad, from top to bottom.

And their ball skills are worse than just about anybody's. I think Maddox and Douglas can be a good team's #3 and #4. At least they make plays on the ball.

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

The idea of Ramsey was awesome. The actuality of giving up 2 1sts and then all of our cap next year was just not feasible. Howie made the right move. He’ll get one or two pieces in here for much cheaper with much more flexibility I’m certain. Face it, we have some holes on this roster next year and we’re going to need the money to fill them. I mean, if the Jacksons can’t come back strong we’re talking about G, WR(s), CB(s), DT, LB(s), S(?). We’re going to need those firsts and the money spread out a bit. 

Unless we finish bottom 15, the players we take with those firsts will suck or top out at average, like Barnett.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Unless we finish bottom 15, the players we take with those firsts will suck or top out at average, like Barnett.

Still though. Barnett is decent with some potential. And he’s relatively cheap. You can get really good Gs, Cs, and Ss in the mid to late firsts. It’s a crapshoot, I’ll agree but just because you haven’t been great at it in the past shouldn’t mean you don’t keep trying. I was actually ok with Tate for a 3rd last year and it was awful in retrospect. I’m sure Howie pushed for Ramsey but had his walking away point. The rams went the extra mile. And really, they’re still the third best team in their division. They could have made a huge mistake. 

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Still though. Barnett is decent with some potential. And he’s relatively cheap. You can get really good Gs, Cs, and Ss in the mid to late firsts. It’s a crapshoot, I’ll agree but just because you haven’t been great at it in the past shouldn’t mean you don’t keep trying. I was actually ok with Tate for a 3rd last year and it was awful in retrospect. I’m sure Howie pushed for Ramsey but had his walking away point. The rams went the extra mile. And really, they’re still the third best team in their division. They could have made a huge mistake. 

Barnett is not the athlete most great pass rushers are. He is what he is. Adding some strength is about all he can do. He's the JJAW of DE's, but a naturally better player than JJ.

Edited by Jeezla

I’m not happy, we suck at drafting, and our secondary is probably worst in the league, I’d have given up that haul for Ramsey... but I mean that’s a steep price, so I understand it. I really do envy how the Rams are out and improving their holes to salvage a spiraling season. We’re just hoping our mediocre CBs coming back will fix the D? Meh