GDT - Prime Time - Browns to ground the Jets

brooks1957

2 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Jets D is pretty good. 

Is Nate Shepherd really good or is there just not anyone else to start?

Lee, Williams, Johnson, Adams are all nice pieces. It will be tough to run again.

Their D looks solid but they've gone up against two teams with uninspiring offenses. Miami's offense is mediocre at best, and Detroit is looking like they could be in the running for the #1 overall pick.

I'm interested to see how their defense will fare against a competent offense. Fortunately for them, that won't be us.

9 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Jets D is pretty good. 

Is Nate Shepherd really good or is there just not anyone else to start?

Lee, Williams, Johnson, Adams are all nice pieces. It will be tough to run again.

I’m not worried about their defense. We’ve shown we have a hard time scoring against even bad defenses (Saints). The precedent is that we’re not likely to score much on any gameday right now. So, let’s hope the D continues to show up.

8 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not worried about their defense. We’ve shown we have a hard time scoring against even bad defenses (Saints). The precedent is that we’re not likely to score much on any gameday right now. So, let’s hope the D continues to show up.

I agree with your overall point, but I'm not sure how good or bad the Saints' defense is at this point. They got embarrassed by the Bucs, but Fitzpatrick and company just lit up the Super Bowl champions' defense yesterday as well.

But yeah, we need to win this week by our defense shutting down Darnold and company. I'm sure Crowell will be highly motivated this week as well.

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Also this might be Tyrods best game of the year. He knows the jets defense and scheme. He is a career 4-2 vs them. 64% 1150yards 8TDs 2INTs. 

So getting the Jets on a short week should work really well for him

Yeah he’s played against them twice a year for the last few years.

There’s literally no reason we should lose this game. 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Literally no reason 

browns have a solid vet QB going up against a defense he knows quite well on a short week, while the other team has a rookie going up against one of the hottest defenses in the league on a short week.  

Now Calloway gets all the first team reps at WR, so he should hopefully be even better. 

Speaking of Calloway. On his TD pass, they say he reached a top speed around 21.3 or around that ballpark. It was the 3rd fast route clocked this season. 1st and 2nd belong to Tyrek Hill. Dorsey knows how to pick his troubled but fast WRs!!!

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

*Insert Hue gif of him mindlessly staring off into space while having that head set on that doesn’t fit quite right*

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Lol

We have a Hue Jackson.

If we lose this game, we shouldn’t have one of those come Friday.

7 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Since when have we needed  a reason to lose a game?

Losing is in our DNA.

I’m just saying there’s no excuse, they’re not better than us, we’re playing at home, etc.

Archived