Stock Up, Stock Down Weeks 1&2

ChaRisMa

I try to keep this short, sweet, and open for debate. I try to highlight guys good or bad based on expectations. 

Stock UP:

RB Jamal Williams hasn't been pretty, hasn't been super effective, but for a 2nd year 5th round RB, he's been developing.

WR Randall Cobb is still very valuable.

WR Geronimo Allison has shut down any talk of being upended by any rookie.

DL Kenny Clark may very well be our best defender.

CB Jaire Alexander is a future Pro Bowler, possibly All-Pro.

CB Josh Jackson was pro ready, I didn't see that.

P JK Scott is gonna be here a long, long time. 

Stock DOWN:

QB Deshone Kizer just needs to start out by refusing to turn the ball over above all else. 

RG Justin McCray's first two games this year were both below average, needs to be more consistent.

OLB Clay Mathews is on pace for 32 tackles, zero sacks, 16 fatal mistakes, and 11.2 Million dollars. And he hasn't even gotten injured yet.

CB Davon House won't be on the team next year.

S Kentrell Brice is an attacking safety, which is what people say to politely tell everyone he's a liability deep. Not a long term starter.

Anyone I missed?

Agree with other on Brice. Would not have him on stock down at all. Highest graded player week 1. He wore down late and took a poor angle on Thielen's TD but no complaints.

Stock down for our older CBs, Tramon and Davon need to be #4-5 come playoff season. They have no long speed anymore.

On the other hand I'm totally comfortable playing the rooks and if King stays healthy he's a stock up guy too.

Anyone involved with rushing the passer, stock down. Brutal so far.

There is legitimate hope for improvement as the season moves along at virtually every position.

Arod will get healthier, I hope, and should become more comfortable with Graham, Allison, Jones, the rookie WRs.

Jones will be a big boost to the RB group.

Jimmy G should get more in synch with ARod as the season moves on. Perhaps Lewis will become part of a running attack.

The OL has been OK and McCray should gel better with Bulaga as they play more frequently together.

Allison has already been better than expected at WR and the rookies might contribute when they see some time.

DLine has been good. Don't know what happened to M. Adams who has been MIA.

ILB could be much better if and when Burks returns.

The young CBs are getting legitimate experience and Pettine is learning, we hope, about House and Williams' limitations.

Josh Jones' return should help at both ILB and S. I think Brice may improve with more experience.

Crosby is Crosby and Scott has been excellent.

All that said, I don't see how it gets any better at OLB. Perhaps others can chime in to provide the optimism here, because I think this will be the achilles heel of the 2018 squad.

I have to say, this brought a smile....although I'm not sure why cause it's fairly brutal. Accurate....but brutal:

OLB Clay Mathews is on pace for 32 tackles, zero sacks, 16 fatal mistakes, and 11.2 Million dollars. And he hasn't even gotten injured yet.

1 hour ago, HyponGrey said:

Gilbert with the stock up?

This.

Fackrell with the stock still negative, so no change there.  That pinball play off of Cook was embarrassing.  He has 1-2 of those per week.

Cobb is not stock up for me.  he hasn't really done anything outside of playing his position in a normal capacity and taking advantage of a poor play by Bears, but he's yet to make more than 1-2 plays per game.  Clearly a bottom tier No. 2 WR.

Bulaga is stock up for me.  Was expecting some really really tough games from him to start the season, but he's been fine.

Brice is developing just fine. I remember it took Nick Collins until about year three before he "got it." Brice is playing at least as well as Collins did his first couple of years.

Matthews looks done as an OLB. Best to move him inside and maybe promote Donnerson from PS, or bring in some depth from outside. Maybe use some draft capital to swing a trade before trade deadline? I was impressed with how well the Packers played against one of the top NFC teams. A legitimate OLB pass rush threat would put the Pack in the Super Bowl. Do it, Gute! 

King needs to stay healthy!

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Brice is developing just fine. I remember it took Nick Collins until about year three before he "got it." Brice is playing at least as well as Collins did his first couple of years.

Matthews looks done as an OLB. Best to move him inside and maybe promote Donnerson from PS, or bring in some depth from outside. Maybe use some draft capital to swing a trade before trade deadline? I was impressed with how well the Packers played against one of the top NFC teams. A legitimate OLB pass rush threat would put the Pack in the Super Bowl. Do it, Gute! 

King needs to stay healthy!

Do you really think Donnerson will play better at OLB than Clay Matthews?

Archived