Mahomes vs Fitzmagic

TheKillerNacho

Mahomes vs Fitzmagic  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Better QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/23/2018 at 05:18 PM

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Specifically the first two weeks? I think it's Fitzpatrick. I'd like to hear reasoning for the people selecting Mahomes. 

Well, ppl are biased by the knowledge that Fitzmagic will eventually turn back into Fitzmagic, pumpkin version.  I get the Q is who's been better, but perception does affect opinion...as the Carr-vs-Keenum discussion showed (and let's not do that again lol).

But, even having said that - Mahomes has made throws that Fitzmagic hasn't.   Don't get me wrong, Fitz deserves his accolades for his 2 games, but for instance, D-Jax's TD and Howard's TD were all on the busted coverage (D-Jax) and Howard going beast mode for the last 50 yards and juking 3 guys.    Fitz has earned all the praise.  But I actually think Mahomes has made tougher plays (although still can't figure out LAC throwing up that dud on D last week, even without Bosa - such underperformers at key times).

Just now, Broncofan said:

Well, ppl are biased by the knowledge that Fitzmagic will eventually turn back into Fitzmagic, pumpkin version.  I get the Q is who's been better, but perception does affect opinion...as the Carr-vs-Keenum discussion showed (and let's not do that again lol).

But, even having said that - Mahomes has made throws that Fitzmagic hasn't.   Don't get me wrong, Fitz deserves his accolades for his 2 games, but for instance, D-Jax's TD and Howard's TD were all on the busted coverage (D-Jax) and Howard going beast mode for the last 50 yards and juking 3 guys.    Fitz has earned all the praise.  But I actually think Mahomes has made tougher plays (although still can't figure out LAC throwing up that dud on D last week, even without Bosa - such underperformers at key times).

Fair enough. Obviously, I didn't watch the Bucs games lol (did watch KC), so I'm just doing the box score scouting. Didn't realize that two of those long passes were busted coverage. I was just thinking that Fitz had played better teams and defenses, had some huge plays as well, while Mahomes had two gimme touchdown passes on the jet sweeps, etc etc. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Fair enough. Obviously, I didn't watch the Bucs games lol (did watch KC), so I'm just doing the box score scouting. Didn't realize that two of those long passes were busted coverage. I was just thinking that Fitz had played better teams and defenses, had some huge plays as well, while Mahomes had two gimme touchdown passes on the jet sweeps, etc etc. 

Yeah and the 3rd TD, Godwin was uncovered (or just beat his guy so badly you can't see him).   Evans was probably the only one where it was a plus through (Howard's was a plus throw, but only for 15 yards downfield).  So there's context here for sure.    Mahomes' 2 TD's for LAC that were jet sweeps do factor in, but when I see the actual throws, Mahomes is making all the plus throws all the time.   

Fitz picked apart our defense yesterday as well as anyone in the past few seasons even disregarding the numbers. Really stretched the field and attacked our weaknesses. Honestly, I’m pretty confident they could have scored more if our offense happened to show up in the first half.

Plus Fitz magic is more fun.

Mahomes has been a little more efficient I think scoring-wise, so I went with him. He's been around 1.94x the average by my estimate, vs. Fitzpatrick's 1.76x. He's got a huge edge in TD% (18.2% to 13.1%) and obviously a small edge interception-wise.

12 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

Mahomes has been a little more efficient I think scoring-wise, so I went with him. He's been around 1.94x the average by my estimate, vs. Fitzpatrick's 1.76x. He's got a huge edge in TD% (18.2% to 13.1%) and obviously a small edge interception-wise.

Fitz's INT was in OJ Howard's hands and popped into the air after he got hit. Not Fitzmagic's fault at all.

Archived