NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

2 hours ago, Titans_Matt said:

Now my bookie says the bet is, “cancelled until further review,”

Sorry to hear, that's a major bummer
The Las Vegas News reported this comment :

"There is a standard rule in place about the length of games that must be completed for action to stand, generally 55 minutes for NFL games.
The Eagles and Ravens only completed 48 minutes. "

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

DK Metcalf - Maybe for week 1 but already injured

David Moore - Out for week 1 and probably beyond

Russell Wilson's supporting cast in Seattle right now looks so bad when it was already slated to be like bottom 3rd in the NFL if everyone was healthy.

They still weren’t going to win the division. 8-8 never looked so good though.. 

2 hours ago, Titans_Matt said:

Not sure if any of you gamble on football but I put $2000 on the Ravens/Eagles over because it was a sure thing. It was over half way through the 3rd quarter, but the game got cancelled due to weather conditions at the end. Now my bookie says the bet is, “cancelled until further review,” which basically means to me that I’m not gonna get paid on my win there. I’m pissed

I'd be crawling the f wall tamping with rage. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

With this supporting cast and defense, 7 wins seems like a good season for them. A wildcard birth would be a massive overachievement.

Hmm I expect wild card because Wilson is just that good. Plus their run game with Penny could be next never IMO. And Pete is Pete he’ll have that D ready. People talk about Rodgers and Cam. But Wilson is the most reliable and better QB. He gets slept on so hard. He’s crazy good. And I’m a huge Seahawks hater since the 2ks. 

Just now, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Hmm I expect wild card because Wilson is just that good. Plus their run game with Penny could be next never IMO. And Pete is Pete he’ll have that D ready. People talk about Rodgers and Cam. But Wilson is the most reliable and better QB. He gets slept on so hard. He’s crazy good. And I’m a huge Seahawks hater since the 2ks. 

Penny is trash. Chris Carson is the truth and will probably be easily a 1,000 yard rusher this year. Seattle's CB's and Safeties (sans Marquise Blair) are a joke. Russ is great, but he can only do so much and without a defense that's at least league average, I'm not sure even he can will them to a wildcard spot.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Sorry to hear, that's a major bummer
The Las Vegas News reported this comment :

"There is a standard rule in place about the length of games that must be completed for action to stand, generally 55 minutes for NFL games.
The Eagles and Ravens only completed 48 minutes. "

Yeah but would they be saying that if he'd lost his bet? I doubt it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Titans_Matt said:

Not sure if any of you gamble on football but I put $2000 on the Ravens/Eagles over because it was a sure thing. It was over half way through the 3rd quarter, but the game got cancelled due to weather conditions at the end. Now my bookie says the bet is, “cancelled until further review,” which basically means to me that I’m not gonna get paid on my win there. I’m pissed

Sorry to hear that, man. I'd be livid. Was a team going to lose points at the end of the game wtf...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Titans_Matt said:

I'm waiting until I'm married with kids before I develop a gambling addiction. 

But that seems messed up if the over was already hit and the rest of the game was cancelled having no bearing on that outcome. It's not like you can remove points.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

No chance.

I understand that, but I do not think the Cowboys will give Zeke a bigger deal than that.I think the Cowboys will try to win without Zeke and if they do that, Zeke will not have the choice to play, even if the Cowboys do not offer a bigger contract, otherwise he will lose a lot of money.

It's a big gamble for Zeke and he could win this gamble, but he could lose big...2-3 weeks ago, Stephen Jones had said that Le'Veon Bell had re-set the RB market.

Stephen Jones: RB market re-set with Le’Veon Bell deal

Posted by Josh Alper on August 6, 2019, 2:55 PM EDT

Jones was asked if he regrets intimating that the team would be using Gurley’s contract as a jumping off point in Elliott talks and his answer touched on the Bell deal reshaping the playing field for running back contracts.

“No, I still think that’s within the realm. At the same time, I think the market re-set with Le’Veon,” Jones said. “I think you see what happens with Gurley and you get a great player like Le’Veon, who’s every bit as well thought of as Gurley and he had unfettered free agency. He had 32 teams with no draft picks attached, and the market was $13.5 million . . . less than Gurley’s. At the end of the day, business changes, and we pay attention to that.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/06/stephen-jones-rb-market-re-set-with-leveon-bell-deal/

Jones has a point and that's why the offer is not bigger than Gurley right now