NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

he won’t do it, but say that foles dunks on the bears D, then outduels all of brees, goff, and who ever makes it out of the AFC to return the eagles to the top of the totem pole and go back to back... stupid question i know, but does the guy get canton buzz?

the starter who became a backup, the backup who became an mvp, and then the mvp who became a legend, it’s basically the entire plot of gladiator! yes, he would not fit the traditional hall criteria of very elite for a very long time, but in the sense of the idea that the hall of fame immortalises the legends, well, you couldn’t get a more poignant example of what legend is than that

Edited by Shady Slim

51 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

he won’t do it, but say that foles dunks on the bears D, then outduels all of brees, goff, and who ever makes it out of the AFC to return the eagles to the top of the totem pole and go back to back... stupid question i know, but does the guy get canton buzz?

the starter who became a backup, the backup who became an mvp, and then the mvp who became a legend, it’s basically the entire plot of gladiator! yes, he would not fit the traditional hall criteria of very elite for a very long time, but in the sense of the idea that the hall of fame immortalises the legends, well, you couldn’t get a more poignant example of what legend is than that

I heard this the other day, and the comp they used was Eli, who also has only 2 good seasons but two super bowl MVPs 😂😂😂

• Like 1

I think if Munchak goes to Denver, and Arians to Tampa Bay, despite reports of an extention/restructuring, I see Ben Roethlisberger going to one of those teams in a trade. Mason Rudolph takes over at QB for the Steelers. Maybe Emmanuel Sanders is involved in the trade or a defensive player if not a draft pick.

Yesterday's game should put that arbitrary stat (Watson hasn't lost one game by over 20 points) to bed. Was still under 20 point margin, but everything about the team looked inept, and Watson did no favors either, despite it being primarily BOB's fault.

8 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I think if Munchak goes to Denver, and Arians to Tampa Bay, despite reports of an extention/restructuring, I see Ben Roethlisberger going to one of those teams in a trade. Mason Rudolph takes over at QB for the Steelers. Maybe Emmanuel Sanders is involved in the trade or a defensive player if not a draft pick.

Umm what? This makes 0 sense. Especially the Sanders part. Dude is in the latter part of his career and tore his achilles. He ain’t getting traded because he is getting cut. There is an out for 2019 and his dead cap space is barely $2M. They save money by cutting him. 

2 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Umm what? This makes 0 sense. Especially the Sanders part. Dude is in the latter part of his career and tore his achilles. He ain’t getting traded because he is getting cut. There is an out for 2019 and his dead cap space is barely $2M. They save money by cutting him. 

I'm aware of Sanders situation. The reason I say maybe is because Brown might be traded and Sanders was once on the Steelers. I'd expect John Elway to offer a great deal to get his next Peyton Manning for a 2-3 year window.

I was just watching the Tony Romo bobbled snap play. Has anyone ever brought up or noticed that Romo almost assuredly gets that first down or maybe even scores if the kicker Gramatica actually gives an effort to block for him? Gramatica gives the defender a little girly shove and that’s the guy who ends up chasing down Romo from behind. Just thought that was interesting 

2 minutes ago, Nbanflguy said:

I was just watching the Tony Romo bobbled snap play. Has anyone ever brought up or noticed that Romo almost assuredly gets that first down or maybe even scores if the kicker Gramatica actually gives an effort to block for him? Gramatica gives the defender a little girly shove and that’s the guy who ends up chasing down Romo from behind. Just thought that was interesting 

He did try but never had a good enough angle to make the block. If you really wanna put any blame on anyone but Romo then Anthony Fasano is your man because he never contained the outside after being caught looking back when the ball was snapped. 

50 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I'm aware of Sanders situation. The reason I say maybe is because Brown might be traded and Sanders was once on the Steelers. I'd expect John Elway to offer a great deal to get his next Peyton Manning for a 2-3 year window.

Comparing Ben to Manning is a big slap in the face to Peyton. Steelers aren’t trading Ben. Especially after a restructure.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Comparing Ben to Manning is a big slap in the face to Peyton. Steelers aren’t trading Ben. Especially after a restructure.

Is it really though? Peyton coming off of neck surgery and a year away from football was considered a question mark upon joining the Broncos. It really isn't a slap in the face at all. Ben Roethlisberger represents the Super Bowl winning veteran QB for a win now team that John Elway has tried to acquire before, that's the correlation. Ben is a drama queen, and the Steelers may be ready to move on at some point now that they have Mason Rudolph.