2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

1 minute ago, rcon14 said:

The Chiefs could have just had Dee Ford for money and instead are giving up draft picks and then also money for Frank Clark. Horrendous sequence of events for KC.

He didn't fit their plans in a 4-3 defense, but I do agree with you. 

13 minutes ago, Golfman said:

One could surmise that, yes! I'm not as down on MVS as you are apparently. I think we have 3 - 2nd year guys who are going to get a lot better. I also think Allison and Kumerow can play so it's not a position of need. 

I've not looked at the WR position very much and would be fine with a slot guy (a gadget buy so to speak) in round 4. I'd be OK with a TE at 30 if Hock or Fant managed to fall that far. Otherwise, Sternberger in 2 or 3 for me and I'm good. 

Yeah considering the two guys I'm thinking about are both slot guys essentially, I get how it feels early. It might end up being a bunch of draft slots back though. Feels like where we could move around. Even going forward for something. 30 feels a tiny bit early for wr, even for me  I like MVS a ton though actually  I feel like I don't want him playing inside and that's where I'm thinking. 

I'm cool on the game train with the tight ends as you as well too fwiw. Maybe I'm just getting bored with thinking tight end. 

I don't like our skills that much right now really. They're not that scary.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I just don't think referring to 30 as a bonus pick is dumb at all. I've called it that all off-season. You can take a risk there you normally couldn't.

Risk perhaps. But I’ve literally heard people saying “ take a flyer” at 30 as it’s a bonus pick. Screw that line if thought. You still take your BPA and trust your draft process. 

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Makes the KC Chiefs, who we play this year, much better in 2019, makes the Seahawks, an NFC foe with an elite QB, better in the long run. Cool. Trades suck.

Aren’t you kind of assuming they hit on the draft picks? Clark was a hit and still young, Seattle still has to make the picks work and while Schnieder has been a good    drafter, it’s not like these are top 10 picks. 

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Risk perhaps. But I’ve literally heard people saying “ take a flyer” at 30 as it’s a bonus pick. Screw that line if thought. You still take your BPA and trust your draft process. 

I'm totally OK with that line of thought. Difference of opinion I guess. I'd love a boom/bust guy like Gary, DK Metcalf, etc to make it there.

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I just don't think referring to 30 as a bonus pick is dumb at all. I've called it that all off-season. You can take a risk there you normally couldn't.

I look at it as we have a bonus pick in the 1st, whether it's at 12 or 30. Having the 30th pick, it gives us more freedom to take the BPA at 12 as well, and if the best player is a non-premium position, who the hell cares, take the guy, whether they feel that's White, Bush, Hock, Fant, Metcalf, etc. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

There is where we clearly have a difference of opinion given how many want to 'gamble' with it. If you mean, bonus, as in extra, yet I agree. If you mean bonus as in take a flyer on some guy, we disagree. Most it would seem are in the take a flyer on some guy group when they use the term 'bonus pick'! 

9 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

I don't like the Seahawks picking at 29 right before us. They have some really good drafting and I bet they end up taking a player we really want.

their drafting has actually sucked the last half decade

definitely worse than the Chiefs (under former management anyway)

Just now, Golfman said:

Doesn't matter! They want hand in dirt DE's. HE didn't fit the profile they were looking for and the organization came out and said as much. 

I'm sure Dee Ford can bend over and put his hand in the dirt.

Archived