2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

29 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Devin Bush is basically Lavonte David.

He's a natural fit as a 4-3 Will. I'm not sure I like the thought of him inside in this defense.

Yeah I'm trying to decide if I'd actually even be happy with him at 30. And I bet there will be a handful of guys there that I'd rather have instead 

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah I'm trying to decide if I'd actually even be happy with him at 30. And I bet there will be a handful of guys there that I'd rather have instead 

Kinda where I'm at. With the caveat that if he lands in the right spot he's making pro bowls

1 hour ago, St Vince said:

Yeah he had to grow on me because of his height but when you turn on the tape the guy is like a heat seeking missile, he's making sacks and tackles all over the field. I'd take him over Sweat in a heartbeat.

I don’t understand why Sweat has such a bad rep on this board.

54 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's a natural fit as a 4-3 Will. I'm not sure I like the thought of him inside in this defense.

You just give him Whiteheads reps. Instead of 3rd safety you run the 2 ilbs.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm not advocating for him but he reads plays well, he's got great lateral movement. He would clearly be able to play inside out and get outside our outside linebackers holding the EDGE on wide running plays. 

Other than his height he's not a liability in coverage so I"m not sure why you feel that way. 

For the record I do not want this kid in round 1, either pick. 

16 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I'm not advocating for him but he reads plays well, he's got great lateral movement. He would clearly be able to play inside out and get outside our outside linebackers holding the EDGE on wide running plays. 

Other than his height he's not a liability in coverage so I"m not sure why you feel that way. 

For the record I do not want this kid in round 1, either pick. 

Because somebody has to be taking on lead blockers at the second level. Not sure that's where Bush is gonna stand out.

8 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Shedding blocks is everything. If he can't do it, he isn't any better than Burks, who couldn't get on the field because of it. For some reason, at least Jones was able to sift through the traffic on occasion. 

Beating blocks is everything. I dont care if he stacks and sheds. If he can beat the man to the spot I'm good. Burks is slow on the recognition which is a major problem for a smaller LB.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Listened to a podcast earlier where Ben Fennell mentioned a possible chink in Bush's armor: coverage.
I wasnt 110% tuned in but from what I gathered, he wasnt tasked with coverage responsibilities as much as rushing / spying the QB.
Those that have watched more tape on the guy have a better feel for this - just thought to mention the comment.

50 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Beating blocks is everything. I dont care if he stacks and sheds. If he can beat the man to the spot I'm good. Burks is slow on the recognition which is a major problem for a smaller LB.

Apparently coaches were literally screaming at Burks nearly every practice rep to get off blocks. Either way, it's not as simple as just drafting a fast guy and plugging him in

Archived