Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

Just now, tyler735 said:

Yep definitely in the conversation for it. You keep trying though.

yes, by you. but hes noy the best as the thread asks. i think everyone realizes barkley is but even if you take him out of it to start the year he still hasnt been better than cmc, who alos vastly outperformed him last year.

37 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

yes, by you. but hes noy the best as the thread asks. i think everyone realizes barkley is but even if you take him out of it to start the year he still hasnt been better than cmc, who alos vastly outperformed him last year.

Yes by me, and others. Hence him being in the conversation for it as others also share this opinion. Barkley is also up there with the best obviously. McCaffrey is a beast, but "vastly outperformed" Kamara last year isn't an accurate statement.

For those that didn't get to see his insane performance today, here's some of his top plays from it:

https://www.nfl.com/share/32052020-2020-4d43-502d-343538383439

Watching him drag Clowney for several yards, breaking countless tackles throughout the game, showing his otherworldly balance, and explosiveness highlighted what was truly a remarkable performance.

Edited by tyler735

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Yes by me, and others. Hence him being in the conversation for it as others also share this opinion. Barkley is also up there with the best obviously. McCaffrey is a beast, but "vastly outperformed" Kamara last year isn't an accurate statement.

he had just under 400 mored yards of offense, that seems pretty vast. but besides the point, he certainly payed better, has the leg up through the first 3 weeks this year and even hes likely not the best. Theres not really a case for kamara being teh best, but keep thinking your opinion and whatever obscure thoughts you find on the internet means hes the best.

6 hours ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Nah, it's CookB|

From his first game he has always shown elite production even though he's been injured. Kudos to Kubiak for having a system that compliments him so well.

I would rank:

1) Barkley

2) kamara

3) Cook

4) Zeke

5) CMC

51 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I would rank:

1) Barkley

2) kamara

3) Cook

4) Zeke

5) CMC

My post was half in jest. Cook has to prove it over the course of an entire season before you could rank him that high IMO. I believe he will but then again every team has a player they think of like that.

The guy is special and I have no doubt he will cement himself as a top 5 at the end of the year

• Like 1

Kamara is a phenom. Best player on the field yet again this Sunday. I personally believe that this is the strongest group of RBs the NFL has ever seen. Barkley and CMac are also unbelievable. I’m confident enough in Kamara’s ability that I don’t feel the need to drag down those other guys. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I can’t put Kamara over Barkley.  I’d listen to arguments over the rest, but Barkley looks the best.

I have Kamara in the top 3 right now.

The thread was created before it was apparent that Barkley was going to be Adrian Peterson with the hands of Marshall Faulk. Barkley is the most talented RB to ever play the game...whether or not he becomes the greatest will largely be determined by health. For instance, the flavor of the month when this thread was created, Todd Gurley, is now well behind Kamara because of injury. It’s the same with the Mahomes vs Brady/Brees debate. It’s just incredibly difficult to ASSUME that players will stay healthy, especially at the RB position. 

12 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

The thread was created before it was apparent that Barkley was going to be Adrian Peterson with the hands of Marshall Faulk. Barkley is the most talented RB to ever play the game...whether or not he becomes the greatest will largely be determined by health. For instance, the flavor of the month when this thread was created, Todd Gurley, is now well behind Kamara because of injury. It’s the same with the Mahomes vs Brady/Brees debate. It’s just incredibly difficult to ASSUME that players will stay healthy, especially at the RB position. 

I had Gurley over Kamara too before the injury.  Zeke, Cmac, all those guys have arguments.  I put them all in that top tier and who cares what they rank.

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

I had Gurley over Kamara too before the injury.  Zeke, Cmac, all those guys have arguments.  I put them all in that top tier and who cares what they rank.

I like Zeke but I have him just a touch below the top 3 because those top 3’s contributions in the passing game (not that Zeke is bad, and I’m aware he is good in blitz pickup). But those top 3 are on a different level from an ability and defensive planning standpoint. I have Zeke in a second tier with Cook. I have no problem putting Cook there. He was unbelievably good in college and you kind of get what you get at the RB position. Kind of like people waiting for Kamara to “prove himself” after his OROY season. You can either play or you can’t at RB. 

2 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I like Zeke but I have him just a touch below the top 3 because those top 3’s contributions in the passing game (not that Zeke is bad, and I’m aware he is good in blitz pickup). But those top 3 are on a different level from an ability and defensive planning standpoint. I have Zeke in a second tier with Cook. I have no problem putting Cook there. He was unbelievably good in college and you kind of get what you get at the RB position. Kind of like people waiting for Kamara to “prove himself” after his OROY season. You can either play or you can’t at RB. 

I tend to agree with the RB position being fairly straightforward to evaluate. In Cook's case it has never been an issue of talent, but there are certainly concerns about him playing a full season without getting injured.