Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

On 7/8/2022 at 11:37 PM, Forge said:

Kevin Smith jumped the shark a long time ago, and I don't think he's even trying any more to make a good movie. I think he does this stuff now just to have fun with friends. 

But I'll admit that I feel like I'm part of that group having fun with him, and these movies always have an air of familiarity and comfort to them that make them pleasant 90 minute diversions

I'm a bigger than average Kevin Smith fan. I love Clerks. Chasing Amy is really good. Dogma and Clerks 2 and Zak and Miri are fun. Mallrats is passable.

Clerks 3 looks like dog poo.

4 hours ago, thrILL! said:

LMAO

That is such a deceptive headline. The guy is saying that Sony released Venom 2, Ghostbusters, and No Way Home during a time when every other studio was pushing their major releases to this year. Sony's combined efforts in 2021 ingratiated people back to the movie going experience while other studios were still in delay mode. 

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

That is such a deceptive headline. The guy is saying that Sony released Venom 2, Ghostbusters, and No Way Home during a time when every other studio was pushing their major releases to this year. Sony's combined efforts in 2021 ingratiated people back to the movie going experience while other studios were still in delay mode. 

oh yeah it’s framed as click bait but it’s still comparing 2 good movies, yet another video game adaptation dud + a fat symbiotic turd of a sequel to a pop culture phenomenon that blew everything other movie out of the box office.  So it does come across as piggybacking esp considering Paramount’s own strategy paid off quite handsomely. 

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

oh yeah it’s framed as click bait but it’s still comparing 2 good movies, yet another video game adaptation dud + a fat symbiotic turd of a sequel to a pop culture phenomenon that blew everything other movie out of the box office.  So it does come across as piggybacking esp considering Paramount’s own strategy paid off quite handsomely. 

Sure it's piggybacking, but can we honestly say that if those movies, who all did have solid outings despite the timing of their releases, didn't actually help pave the way for further box office success in a still mid but somehow post pandemic theater going world? 

9 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Sure it's piggybacking, but can we honestly say that if those movies, who all did have solid outings despite the timing of their releases, didn't actually help pave the way for further box office success in a still mid but somehow post pandemic theater going world? 

It just comes across like an opening act taking credit for how awesome the headliner was.  Play your position. 

On 7/18/2022 at 4:42 AM, THE DUKE said:

The premise gives off major Hobo with a Shotgun vibes

Its being made by an English production company that makes like 5 or 6 crappy low budget movies every year. Expect bad acting along with English and fake American accents.

If true (the story says they are unsubstantiated rumors), I would totally be in on this. Love Esposito. Phenomenal gravitas to him and I just love listening to the guy. Great listen - the way he enunciates is fantastic. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

If true (the story says they are unsubstantiated rumors), I would totally be in on this. Love Esposito. Phenomenal gravitas to him and I just love listening to the guy. Great listen - the way he enunciates is fantastic. 

Rather have him on the other side of the coin. While everything you said is true, man is his bad guy so much better for all those same reasons. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:
5 hours ago, Forge said:

Expand  

Rather have him on the other side of the coin. While everything you said is true, man is his bad guy so much better for all those same reasons. 

As another villain or you mean Magneto?

I used to be kinda into another atrocity creating Magneto, but more i thought about it the more i want him to stay Jewish and show his powers at the concentration camp. It's too important.

Plenty of ways to explain his age away.

Giancarlo playing Xavier is fun, and a good departure for him and the character in the movies.
The one shade of Prof X we dont really get is his sterner/colder side. Could be a good way to start with a team just getting into the swing of things, him loosening up as you go. I can see Esposito's delivery matching up with that well, cutting into people sometimes or planning contingences.