Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

On 7/9/2022 at 4:49 AM, 43M said:

Sounds like Adam Sandler.

Anyway, the best thing Kevin Smith has done in the last 20 years is that speech he gave about his experience trying to get Superman made with Jon Peters.

Pretty much everything else Ive seen he has done since Dogma has been dog poo.  Clerks 2 wasnt horrible....but wasnt even remotely close to the original.     I can only imagine how bad Clerks 3 will be.   Id say its a cash grab, but I doubt it will be hugely successful...although they make these fir pretty cheap, so....

Red State and Tusk are both fantastic 

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

He'd knock Doom out of the park

He would, I’m kinda at a early 40s age cap on Doom and Reed. But he’d be able to do it well for sure. 

idk just kinda would like to see him do a non villain role though. It’s blending a bit. 

Bunch of stuff he could do. From a mo cap character, integral hero or one off villain.

Chris Pine does not fit into a fantasy movie cast, and neither does Michelle Rodriguez.

Also, you can’t just throw a Led Zeppelin song onto a trailer with a bunch of quick-witted dialogue and expect to have Thor 3 results.

Especially when the dialogue is ****.
”Glad he’s on our side,” lol who wrote this? Someone who watched Mighty Ducks 3 right after Young Guns and Conan the Barbarian?

I just… Hugh Grant and Chris Pine.

Paramount seems to be less in touch than Sony and WB combined.

I miss when studios tried to make great films rather than great spectacle.

Marvel is the only exception here. WB doesn’t get it, Sony doesn’t get it, Paramount doesn’t get it.

Nobody watches Ms Marvel or half of the shows and movies without their connection to characters they love.

This same crap happened after the first Matrix. They thought it was the effects, so they copied the special effects in a thousand different movies. It wasn’t the effects, it was the story.

Something always comes along and surprises Hollywood, and every time it does they try to copy all the wrong aspects because they’re so out of touch with audiences.

That’s my long way of saying Dungeons and Dragons looks terrible. I’ve never played D&D, but I can’t imagine that looks good to anybody.

On 7/22/2022 at 4:44 AM, 43M said:

Never saw Tusk.

Tusk was terrible but I guess enjoyable in a meme way. It’s more enjoyable for sure if you listen to his podcast where they think the idea for the movie up and flesh it out and then actually make it. I thought it was hilarious after that. I’m also a Justin Long fan. 

On 7/22/2022 at 9:33 AM, MikeT14 said:

https://movieweb.com/giancarlo-esposito-rumored-x-men-role/ 

Rumored for Prof X. I would love to see him get a shot as a good guy. 

H-he can play a good guy…?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

i like Ana de Armas but you can still hear her Spanish accent which might prevent viewers from immersion into the film. 

Yeah, I can't imagine their reasoning for letting that much accent get through, it's very noticeable.  Surely they got her a vocal coach, right?