Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

5 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Because it's funny.

Okay...its not a comedy though.  Its a drama and action show before comedy.

Even shows like Breaking Bad and The Wire had numerous comedic moments.    

Major difference between shows thats main focus is comedy and shows that are largely serious with moments of levity.  

16 minutes ago, D82 said:

It has its moments still...but it's nowhere near as good as it used to be. 

It might not be at its peak but it's still really good most of the time. People who don't watch it anymore exaggerate the difference. 

• Like 1

Outside of the Cold Open (which is and has always been bad) and Weekend Update (which have always dealt with politics); SNL has kept the same template, and its mostly not "political" or whatever that means. The 6-7 skits that make up the bulk of the non musical show are almost always absurdist takes on simple set ups or poking fun at something incredibly "New York".

I feel like most people's opinions of SNL are built entirely on seeing the Cold Opens on social media or shared in whatever twitter bubble they exist in. At this point that feature is completely different than the entire show.

Edited by animaltested
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, animaltested said:

Outside of the Cold Open (which is and has always been bad) and Weekend Update (which have always dealt with politics); SNL has kept the same template, and its mostly not "political" or whatever that means. The 6-7 skits that make up the bulk of the non musical show are almost always absurdist takes on simple set ups or poking fun at something incredibly "New York".

I feel like most people's opinions of SNL are built entirely on seeing the Cold Opens on social media or shared in whatever twitter bubble they exist in. At this point that feature is completely different than the entire show.

These are the same people that caused Twitter to have to put a "do you want to read the article" tag before quote tweeting lol

EDIT - NVM lol

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 12:21 PM, animaltested said:

It’s always been a mixed bag, SNL’s Achilles heel is they never have a simple way to move on. There are some awful sketches that just go on way too long. If they could just tell their simple joke they want to do then move on it’d make every episode better.

I don’t watch it every week, but we’ll usually watch the episodes at some point.

There will always be a skit or two that never should’ve left the concept stage, but rarely are there no laughs. I like Weekend Update, one of the more consistent parts of the show cause of the format.

Will be interesting what happens with the cast next year. There are a couple people that just don’t fit or add all that much. Like Moffat and Day aren’t the best “straight men” to play off of and are in a ton of stuff.

On 5/27/2022 at 8:02 AM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

They're remaking Willow! Warwick Davis is going to play him again. My childhood is happy

Watched the trailer last night. I'm stoked. Looks like they also brought back Joanne Whalley in the trailer 

• Like 1