Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Think the 3 week staggered release is a good move, or just half now and half in a week. Let’s the show really take over headlines for a week or two. 

Still would rather whatever they do over getting dragged back to week to week like almost every other service is doing.

Maybe i'm in the minority, but I greatly prefer the week to week episodic releases.  I've been way more into shows that way.  I don't have the time to binge 7-10 hours of a show and then have to avoid all social media mentions of it to keep from being spoiled.  I like having new episodes of Moon Knight on Wednesdays, Halo on Thursdays, Winning Time on Mondays (it gets released Sunday night I think), and that's just what's on right now.  I get into more shows and look forward to them more not having to rush through the entire season as soon as humanly possible.

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

Maybe i'm in the minority, but I greatly prefer the week to week episodic releases.  I've been way more into shows that way.  I don't have the time to binge 7-10 hours of a show and then have to avoid all social media mentions of it to keep from being spoiled.  I like having new episodes of Moon Knight on Wednesdays, Halo on Thursdays, Winning Time on Mondays (it gets released Sunday night I think), and that's just what's on right now.  I get into more shows and look forward to them more not having to rush through the entire season as soon as humanly possible.

Think it’s really just a show to show thing, I agree I enjoy the hype Moon Knight is bringing. 6 weeks is a solid amount of time. It’s moreso the 10+ episode ones where I get kinda fatigued of the wait.

I liked what Always Sunny did this season where they put out two a week. Season was done in a month and you could space the second ep that week out at your discretion.

I just don’t think everything is at the tier that warrants it, at the very least release a couple episodes to start. 

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Think it’s really just a show to show thing, I agree I enjoy the hype Moon Knight is bringing. 6 weeks is a solid amount of time. It’s moreso the 10+ episode ones where I get kinda fatigued of the wait.

I liked what Always Sunny did this season where they put out two a week. Season was done in a month and you could space the second ep that week out at your discretion.

I just don’t think everything is at the tier that warrants it, at the very least release a couple episodes to start. 

I think that 4-6 week time frame might be the sweet spot. If you have a show that is 8-10 episodes maybe start with two episodes when it premiers, have a 2 episode finale day, or maybe even 3 to start and then midseason have a 2 block to stay in that 4-6 week time frame if you have as many as 10 episodes. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Think the 3 week staggered release is a good move, or just half now and half in a week. Let’s the show really take over headlines for a week or two. 

Still would rather whatever they do over getting dragged back to week to week like almost every other service is doing.

I like what Amazon does. Drop a few episodes to start the season then go to weekly release. What the weekly release does is allow anticipation to build. It allows all of the internet to write stories about each episode, meaning you have 12 weeks of regular articles instead of one week of one. Two of Netflix big projects last year that I was interested in, were Jupiter's Legacy and Cowboy Bebop. Both were canceled before I got a chance to see the first episode. Dropping everything at once also means a consumer can watch the three series thwy are interested in and then cancel for 4 months while they wait for something else. If they spread those shows out, you have to wait to finish a season.

15 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

I like what Amazon does. Drop a few episodes to start the season then go to weekly release. What the weekly release does is allow anticipation to build. It allows all of the internet to write stories about each episode, meaning you have 12 weeks of regular articles instead of one week of one. Two of Netflix big projects last year that I was interested in, were Jupiter's Legacy and Cowboy Bebop. Both were canceled before I got a chance to see the first episode. Dropping everything at once also means a consumer can watch the three series thwy are interested in and then cancel for 4 months while they wait for something else. If they spread those shows out, you have to wait to finish a season.

Yeah the latter point is definitely why the binge being available for new content is dying. I get it, just personally looking for a bit of a middle ground.for the shows that aren’t moving numbers. Was a great feeling when Squid Game dropped and just binge through and pass it word of mouth like that again.

In general they definitely need to stay their hand more, yeah how fast they canceled Bebop was crazy.

11 hours ago, Malfatron said:

I like when they drop a self contained entire series at once with a beginning, middle, and yes, an end

“The end has no end” -The Strokes, but also any netflix original series