Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

On 4/11/2022 at 4:13 PM, Bullet Club said:

So who else was aware Scream (2022) is getting a 2023 sequel, The Meg is getting a 2023 sequel, and A Quiet Place is getting a 2023 spinoff? Scream-whatever, AQP-cool, but who the hell wants a sequel to The Meg?

Scream I'm meh on. The newest one wasn't great and I think they just need to let it die. The Meg wasn't an awful movie but not one I thought needed a sequel. 

And I'm looking forward to the Quiet Place spinoff.

On 4/12/2022 at 3:20 PM, THE DUKE said:

Where GoT ended up was fine.  The reasoning they used to get there, how they tied up about half the storylines, and the writing for those episodes was just bad.  Building up the WW for 7 seasons for it to be a one off confrontation, and all the foreshadowing used to build to it being disregarded was bad.  A little bit of bad writing can do a lot of damage to the overall product.

My favorite episode is still Beyond the Wall.  That made the hype for the battle even bigger.

13 minutes ago, August4th said:

netflex is in trouble. they better start pumping out more stranger things or lower the monthly cost. Amazon, Apple TV, disney/hulu and HBO Max ..are looking like better deals atm

Shouldn't have canned The Society tbh

2 hours ago, August4th said:

netflex is in trouble. they better start pumping out more stranger things or lower the monthly cost. Amazon, Apple TV, disney/hulu and HBO Max ..are looking like better deals atm

Yeah, they’re gonna have to find their foundation. Nobody is selling a major IP in the streaming age, so Netflix has to land a bunch of incredible original properties.

5 hours ago, August4th said:

Apple's family deal of 20 dollars a month for TV, Music, and Arcade for up to five people is incredible. While AppleTV doesn't have the quantity, the quality of their shows and movies destroys most other competitors.

Don't think Bridgerton will save Netflix either as my wife and her friends say they butchered Season 2.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, August4th said:

They cancelled Santa Clarita DietOzark is about to end...a lot of their other good series have ended. Once Stranger Things is finished, I'm probably going to cancel as well.

• Like 1