Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

The ending of GoT also made HBO cancel a $30 million prequel series before a pilot. No one wanted to see anything more to do with the white walkers because of how awful and pathetic they ended their storyline.

I mean they should've ended season 8 after the battle. Then came up with a better plan other than naming Bran king. (Again, I get it because he's "smart" and "neutral" but for the casuals that missed half the storyline of the series, this could've been done better.

• 2 weeks later...

So who else was aware Scream (2022) is getting a 2023 sequel, The Meg is getting a 2023 sequel, and A Quiet Place is getting a 2023 spinoff? Scream-whatever, AQP-cool, but who the hell wants a sequel to The Meg?

On 3/31/2022 at 1:25 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

I mean they should've ended season 8 after the battle. Then came up with a better plan other than naming Bran king. (Again, I get it because he's "smart" and "neutral" but for the casuals that missed half the storyline of the series, this could've been done better.

As much as I hate the last two seasons, I’m p sure the Bran King decision was GRRM 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

So who else was aware Scream (2022) is getting a 2023 sequel, The Meg is getting a 2023 sequel, and A Quiet Place is getting a 2023 spinoff? Scream-whatever, AQP-cool, but who the hell wants a sequel to The Meg?

Scream should be dead now after this one. Quiet Place is whatever. 3 and done, but the Meg was stupid as hell I agree

12 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Would honestly see all 3 opening week and A Quiet Place might be lowest on the list (fun surprise with 1, 2nd one was a solid build off 1 but don’t know how much more I’d need)

Im curious where they go with Scream, enjoyed the ride of the most recent one. The reveal was a bit eh.

Meg was stupid fun, I have a weird love of shark movies and it was a nostalgic one of those. 

Though important to note I see everything, so not saying much about how good I think they’ll all be ha.

4 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

What other options did he have? Too cliche for Jon to be king

The goal was to break the wheel by not putting in a king that would add more of the same which is what plugging anyone else would’ve done. And Bran wasn’t just “smart” lol, he knew everything and could see every potential future outcome. I think that makes a pretty ideal king. 

14 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Not gonna lie, me and my boys enjoyed The Meg for what it was, and i'd be down for a sequel.  They wanted to do the rent a theater thing for their birthday last year and that was the only option that really appealed to them at the time so we did that with their friends and they had a blast.  The ludicrousness of the movie along with having a bunch of their friends there probably enhanced it quite a bit for them.

On 3/31/2022 at 1:25 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

I'll die on the hill that the only thing wrong with the way it ended was that last scene with them deciding the king. I thought everything else was fine. I liked how the Daeny and White Walker storylines ended, even if they were rushed way too much in the final season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Meg was stupid fun, I have a weird love of shark movies and it was a nostalgic one of those. 

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Not gonna lie, me and my boys enjoyed The Meg for what it was, and i'd be down for a sequel.  The ludicrousness of the movie along with having a bunch of their friends there probably enhanced it quite a bit for them.

Hmmm, maybe I'm in the minority. I also love shark movies (and the first half of The Meg was good) but I was not at all on board with it turning into Fast and Furious: Shark Attack in the final act.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JonStark said:

I'll die on the hill that the only thing wrong with the way it ended was that last scene with them deciding the king. I thought everything else was fine. I liked how the Daeny and White Walker storylines ended, even if they were rushed way too much in the final season. 

One episode you have Bran saying he shouldn’t be king,and then when they decided on him, he smiled saying that’s why he should be king. It was just stupid 

Where GoT ended up was fine.  The reasoning they used to get there, how they tied up about half the storylines, and the writing for those episodes was just bad.  Building up the WW for 7 seasons for it to be a one off confrontation, and all the foreshadowing used to build to it being disregarded was bad.  A little bit of bad writing can do a lot of damage to the overall product.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2022 at 4:13 PM, Bullet Club said:

*raises hand*

I'm excited, and always will be, for Scream. I don't care how weak the ending was on the newest one, I'm all about the guessing game and all that jazz. I'm a Scream fanboy though so I'm as biased as it gets.

• Like 2