Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

23 hours ago, Acgott said:

And the major studios get smaller 

hate to see the consolidation continue, especially because you know Sony Pictures and Lionsgate aren't long for the world either.

Gonna end up just being Disney(Fox), NBCUniversal, WBParamount and Amazon (MGM,Lionsgate) with Sony Pictures either latching onto Netflix or both of them merging out by the end of the decade.

So if this goes through, streamers I guess are down to 5 major ones too.

Disney+ (with Hulu Merged)
Peacock
ParamountMax
Prime
Netflix

Just can’t wait until people realize streaming is never going to stop adding ads and/or upping the price and they stop paying for it or accepting it.

Pretty soon all those digital copies you “own” will have ads, too.

And then you’ll have to pay for a subscription just to watch your collection of what you “own.”

How you can sit there and retroactively add ads or charge an additional 2.99 to remove what you never signed up for to have is just wild to me.

Edited by MacReady
  • Like 2

On 12/4/2023 at 11:23 AM, MacReady said:

PlayStation just decided to delete hundreds of movies and TV shows even if you purchased them. I’m crazy and a conspiracy theorist and paranoid. Granted.

This topic I’m right about.

Unless you can actually hold your movie or TV show or video game, you don’t own it.

Anybody who buys digital copies of anything is a moron. The day physical copies of movies and video games ends is the day I stop watching movies and video games.

Friendly reminder that you don’t own anything you buy digitally and they can’t take my physical copies away like they took a shyt ton of people’s digital movies and TV shows away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

Friendly reminder that you don’t own anything you buy digitally and they can’t take my physical copies away like they took a shyt ton of people’s digital movies and TV shows away.

You and I are the only two right now, but there will be more. And more. And more.

• 2 weeks later...