Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

curious on what creative direction they will go with the new Bond. I feel like John wick and it's knockoffs already beat them to the punch with the modern take at over the top/camp action genre.

Edited by August4th

5 minutes ago, August4th said:

curios on what creative direction they will go with the new Bond. I feel like John wick and it's knockoffs already beat them to the punch with the modern take at over the top/camp action genre.

Good. They can stick to what they do best. 

47 minutes ago, August4th said:

curios on what creative direction they will go with the new Bond. I feel like John wick and it's knockoffs already beat them to the punch with the modern take at over the top/camp action genre.

I’d like either a return to the campy ridiculousness of the Roger Moore era. Gadgets. Men in gorilla suits. Bond in space. Bond under the ocean.

OR

Hard R violence and chauvinism and make Bond a loathable jerk who is really good at his job. Like make everyone hate James Bond the person.

OR

Tick a lot of people off by using my personal headspace cannon. James Bond is just a code name and every James Bond before was actually a clone.

OR

Have it an actual spy movie with suppressed Walther 32 ACP assassinations. Zero action. None. All intrigue and dialogue. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Still violence, but refined, dignified violence. Inglourious Basterds bar scene style suspense. With secondary characters expendable in the series. Felix Leiter can die. M can die. Q can die. All the recurring Bond characters are involved and Bond doesn’t go telling all the bad guys his name is James Bond until the end.

2 hours ago, August4th said:

curious on what creative direction they will go with the new Bond. I feel like John wick and it's knockoffs already beat them to the punch with the modern take at over the top/camp action genre.

Yeah it’s a lot tougher, but I think there is plenty need for good thriller / big scale mystery narratives. If they purely try to out stunt Wick, Mission Impossible, etc they won’t make much noise. But if they can have some really fun/interesting set pieces like that within a really good spy thriller story they should hit.

36 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

I was on the Henry Cavill train.

But I think Hiddleston would’ve been great also.

Cavill would be good

For what it’s worth Variety is dispelling ATJ getting the role officially.

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

I was on the Henry Cavill train.

But I think Hiddleston would’ve been great also.

Either would have been fine, I agree! 

3 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Assuming it’ll be just like Barbie, where sims character realizes they aren’t a real person.

Psychological thriller, Man starts to realize the  world isn’t what it seems. His family is no where to be seen, no more friends…every girl he tries to date disappears. Whole world is slanted towards him ending up with one girl. And he can never escape. 

He dies when she takes away the pool ladder.

• Like 3