Outside CB: Sherman | Verrett |Witherspoon | Moore

Nickel CB: Williams | Reed

FS: Ward | Colbert

SS: Tartt | Harris

K: Gould

P: NEED

LS: Holba/Nelson

Notes:

• As it stands, my roster is at 49 guys and we still need a punter. The "NEED" don't count toward the 49.
  • I cut Dekota Watson and saved $1.5 mil because I think we draft an EDGE early and we need his roster spot. 
  • I'm projecting Magnuson getting cut in favor of a rookie IOL. Frankly, he'd be pretty easy to beat out in a training camp competition.
  • I'm projecting Beathard getting traded in the preseason for day 3 pick in 2020
  • I'm struggling to cut additional guys to fit in a draft class.

36 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

My projected 53 as the roster stands right now with needs highlighted in red:

Good work. Will need some kind of 1 tech (NT) on the roster. Even if an UDFA on the P-squad. 

( ^ obviously, I mean beyond DJJ )

Looking at the LEO.. then SAM... makes me want to pound that table for Marsh to be given a shot there at SAM. 

I would rather have Warner at MIKE and Alexander at WILL, but they are pretty interchangeable, I guess. 

Still want to see Thomas get some looks at the 5 tech behind AA. Maybe Thomas can be the future there, but yeah, I like Thomas getting some inside work when in Nickel. 

Could be a winning roster AS IS.. if key guys stay healthy, and are more mentally checked into the scheme. Still the draft to go! :) 

Thomas will be starting majority of the games as he will play inside the nickel. 

Looks like Griffen restructered the last year of his deal and will be staying in Minnesota. 

Barrett/Ansah/Houston are the remaining pass rushers left. 

11 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

If they even think of using Alexander at MIKE, this defense is in a world of trouble...

Leave him@WILL and let the chips fall where they may. 

Since he'll be missing time, probably even the TC, I don't see how he would be considered for MIKE on day 1 (whenever his day 1 is). I think Warner will be the MIKE to start the season. 

50 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Good work. Will need some kind of 1 tech (NT) on the roster. Even if an UDFA on the P-squad. 

Fwiw, armstead took snaps at 1 tech last year. I'd guess it's possible that he's the defacto back up in that situation

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Fwiw, armstead took snaps at 1 tech last year. I'd guess it's possible that he's the defacto back up in that situation

Based on comments either Shanahan or Lynch made, I think that is the case. And I don't mind that. We can get another NT, sure. But I doubt he'd get dressed on gamedays.

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm not opposed to DJ Metcalf, but it has to be in the bottom 10 opposed to the top 5. Would love a trade up for Hakeem Butler. You guys already know how I feel about Hollywood Brown, and I'm fine with Arcega-Whiteside in the 2nd round.

It's DK--but I'm not a Metcalf fan. I like his teammate AJ Brown MUCH better. Intrigued by Butler. Of course I like Hollywood but JJ Arcega-Whiteside is actually my favorite WR in this draft. Love the way he plays.

43 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Nzeocha visited Buffalo today. I personally don't care if we lose him.

Apparently he was pretty solid on special teams but he didn't really stand out to me, Tarvarius Moore definitely did though.

There's low key a chance AC doesn't make the roster. With Exum and Ward resigned, if we draft another safety, AC might be the odd man out. Marcell Harris played well in both safety spots, but is just a 1 year in. Exum did surprisingly well manning both safety spots too (might be the biggest reason why our pass defense got better end of year), The emergency of Moore, Bourne, PIta T, as well as Watson and Mayo being long time studs on ST..AC might not have much of a reason to hang around..MAYBE they get rid of Ku'ann since Reed/Ward and possibly Verrett can man the NB spot...but they also seem to love Ku'ann.

IF we draft a safety we would have a glut in the secondary. 

FS: Ward, Rookie, AC

SS: Tartt, Harris, Exum

CB: Sherman, Verrett, Witherspoon Moore

NB: Ku'ann, Reed

6 Corners and 6 Safeties. They could possibly sneak Reed/Harris onto PS..but I doubt they'd risk it. If I were to guess, Exum would probably be the odd man out, just because he feels like the DuJuan Harris/Leon Hall hot potato player (again) this year..in terms of cutting and signing again..but if AC can't put it together in camp, he could be on the outs pretty fast. 

8 minutes ago, John232 said:

There's low key a chance AC doesn't make the roster. With Exum and Ward resigned, if we draft another safety, AC might be the odd man out. Marcell Harris played well in both safety spots, but is just a 1 year in. Exum did surprisingly well manning both safety spots too (might be the biggest reason why our pass defense got better end of year), The emergency of Moore, Bourne, PIta T, as well as Watson and Mayo being long time studs on ST..AC might not have much of a reason to hang around..MAYBE they get rid of Ku'ann since Reed/Ward and possibly Verrett can man the NB spot...but they also seem to love Ku'ann.

IF we draft a safety we would have a glut in the secondary. 

FS: Ward, Rookie, AC

SS: Tartt, Harris, Exum

CB: Sherman, Verrett, Witherspoon Moore

NB: Ku'ann, Reed

6 Corners and 6 Safeties. They could possibly sneak Reed/Harris onto PS..but I doubt they'd risk it. If I were to guess, Exum would probably be the odd man out, just because he feels like the DuJuan Harris/Leon Hall hot potato player (again) this year..in terms of cutting and signing again..but if AC can't put it together in camp, he could be on the outs pretty fast. 

You mentioned it and I agree, I would imagine Williams and Exum would be the odd man out. I think if needed Verrett can play nickel (if healthy), so that makes Williams even more expendable. 

Just now, StevenK said:

You mentioned it and I agree, I would imagine Williams and Exum would be the odd man out. I think if needed Verrett can play nickel (if healthy), so that makes Williams even more expendable. 

And Ward can play the nickle too...sad..could have been really good there if he stayed there. 

1 hour ago, struby3 said:

Nzeocha visited Buffalo today. I personally don't care if we lose him.

Had no idea he was even a free agent lol.

So apparently we offered Bell three year 38m contract with pretty much all of it guaranteed. 

Wouldn't have minded that at all, obviously McKinnon would then be cut. 

Archived