2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

13 hours ago, tom cody said:

I think Harper will have to change his tune soon. Doubt he gets a long term deal at this stage of the off-season.

I'm all for Harper and Machado getting 1-2 year contracts than hitting the market again as a Jays fan

With Russell Martin and Troy Tulowitzki being off the books and Bo Bichette and Vladdy Jr, amongst others knocking on the door, i'd love for the Jays make a huge signing or 2 this time next year when our competitve window starts getting brighter

The more things change - the more they remain the same.

NY Daily News:

Jacoby Ellsbury won’t be here to start spring training after all. The injury-plagued outfielder suffered a flame up of a previous plantar fascia injury during his rehab from hip surgery, Aaron Boone said Wednesday.“We expected him to be here to fully participate in spring training,” the Yankee manager said in his first press conference of the spring. “”Issues with his plantar fascia slowed down his rehab…. He is going to stay in Arizona a couple weeks and when he is ready to really go, he’ll be here. Sometime in March.”

(You can read that "March" to be "after the All Star Break")

3 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Just internal for the Twins, but an interesting move:

I like both deals. Him and Kepler (5 yr $35M deal) signed deals in which both could outplay their deals down the line. I doubt either will be all stars, but I think both have a shot of being an above average major league contributor, especially if signed to reasonable deals.

Archived