Who’s the worst team in football?

BayRaider

Who is the worst team in football?   

184 members have voted

1. 1. Worst team?

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Hopefully Giants trade a 1st for Carr and we get Bosa and Oliver. And then maybe Greedy Williams with the Bears pick. 

I seen a mock that had Tampa trading their 1st rounder for Carr. Why do people think this guy is worth that much because he is not. I wouldn't give them a series 2 magikarp for him. In all seriousness I would go no more than a 4th or 5th rounder. The dude is not that good. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Austin said:

I seen a mock that had Tampa trading their 1st rounder for Carr. Why do people think this guy is worth that much because he is not. I wouldn't give them a series 2 magikarp for him. In all seriousness I would go no more than a 4th or 5th rounder. The dude is not that good. 

Yeah, people overrate his value. 

The highest you may get is a second round pick for Carr. No one is giving up a first (let alone a high first round pick) for an Andy Dalton at best level QB. 

1 hour ago, game3525 said:

The highest you may get is a second round pick for Carr. No one is giving up a first (let alone a high first round pick) for an Andy Dalton at best level QB. 

People also underrate what teams are willing to give up for quarterbacks, though I don't think the Giants are giving up what is likely to be a top three pick.

A team like the Giants probably gives up two seconds. Or this years second and a conditional that maxes at a second  If it were a team picking in the back of the first, I could see a first,  but there's nobody that really fits that bill (Jax has too many money issues I think. Any trade would certainly have to include bortles so the jags get out from at least the 6.5 guaranteed base)

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

raiders trading carr a real possibility? didn't he sign a big deal about a yr ago? who would of seen these talks happening so soon after that 2016 season.

Personally, I think it happens. I think gruden is rapidly falling out of love with him, and contractually speaking, it's a very tradeable contact. Only 7.5 dead for the raiders, base salaries less that 20m per year for any team trading for him with no guarantees they are responsible for

2 hours ago, August4th said:

raiders trading carr a real possibility? didn't he sign a big deal about a yr ago? who would of seen these talks happening so soon after that 2016 season.

We can get out of his contract with little penalties if any. That's the one thing Reggie does well as a GM.

4 hours ago, game3525 said:

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

A first for Carr? Yeah, nah.

I think you're both underestimating the worth of a starting QB, even one who's experiencing problems currently, like Carr is. Also, you have to consider that anyone trading for him would be convinced they could "fix" him (whether that ends up being the truth, or not). I can easily see a first round pick being dangled, but not a whole heck of a lot more. I don't think it would be a mega-deal, or anything. 

5 hours ago, Jimmy Austin said:

XS5LK.gif

33 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I think you're both underestimating the worth of a starting QB, even one who's experiencing problems currently, like Carr is. Also, you have to consider that anyone trading for him would be convinced they could "fix" him (whether that ends up being the truth, or not). I can easily see a first round pick being dangled, but not a whole heck of a lot more. I don't think it would be a mega-deal, or anything. 

So think of who would be in the market, if you feel it feasible.

Giants? Likely top 3 pick, and I think they'd rather use that on a rookie QB like Herbert or whoever

Broncos? Would they be doing that kind of trade within division? 

Dolphins? Gase might fancy fixing him, but they were pretty high on Tannehill at the start of this season, and I think there's contracting issues there. Last time they traded a first was 2013 to get a bust, so could put them off

All of a sudden, there aren't as many QB-needy teams as there were this time last season. 

At 25 mil a year? Derek Carr will get you nothing in return.

If you found an idiot, you might get a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Minnesota got Bradford at about 18 million a year and it was the perfect timing for desperation. (late in pre-season)

No one trades for a QB in-season. There is no point.

Next off-season, they could get someone like Foles or Bridgewater for far less than Carr without giving up anything in picks.

The trading team would also have to not be in love with a rookie prospect available in the draft.

Archived