Will Eli be benched again this season?

Elky

The New York Football Giants are looking at another long season with Eli Manning once again struggling. His stats look pretty, but stats are deceiving. Should NYG bench Eli again for fourth rounder Kyle Lauletta at some point?

8 minutes ago, Elky said:

The New York Football Giants are looking at another long season with Eli Manning once again struggling. His stats look pretty, but stats are deceiving. Should NYG bench Eli again for fourth rounder Kyle Lauletta at some point?

They won’t, but they should bench him right now.

They probably should to at least see what they have in Lauletta. They certainly won't be winning a ring this year, or making the playoffs.. Eli definitely shouldn't be their QB next year.

If I was running the Giants I would say to Eli "Thanks and good luck, we'll give you another 5 starts and hand things over to Lauletta in week 12."

Yes, and just like last season he will deserve to be benched.  I have no idea why everyone was so upset about the fact that he got benched last season when the team was 2-9 and he was playing like hot garbage.  I think it was because people were more upset about the fact that he got benched for Geno Smith rather than the fact that he got benched to begin with

25 minutes ago, jaa1025 said:

I cannot believe they passed on QB for a RB. So dumb. Said it at the time and I'll say it again until they find one.

I'm far from an Eli fan.  But maybe they thought Barkley was better than any QB in the draft? So you settle for a QB that you're not wild about and miss out on what could be a generational talent?  Eh.  Tough call.  

They should've kept Davis Webb but nope the giants were stupid and cut a future franchise QB. 

Eli should've been benched last year, also a major sidenote is the last coach who benched Eli got fired so I doubt Schurmur is willing to do that unless Eli gets injured. 

19 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Yes, and just like last season he will deserve to be benched.  I have no idea why everyone was so upset about the fact that he got benched last season when the team was 2-9 and he was playing like hot garbage.  I think it was because people were more upset about the fact that he got benched for Geno Smith rather than the fact that he got benched to begin with

I mean. We all know Geno is terrible. Benching terrible for terrible doesn't make any sense.

2 hours ago, Elky said:

Eli should not be playing QB. He is dooooooone. If you look at their bext options how are they better? They are not. They bungled the QB situation in the offseason. They could of had Bridgewater there to actually make them good but the ruined it all.    At this point Barkley or OBJ would be best in the situation 

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I mean. We all know Geno is terrible. Benching terrible for terrible doesn't make any sense.

I get that, I really do.  But why didn't they stick Davis Webb in to at least see if they had anything in him?  I know he just got cut just before the season, but hindsight is 20/20 and I'm not sure why they didn't at least play him some last year considering it was a lost season from Week 5 onwards

Archived