Stock Investing

rickyt31

19 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

As you all try to amass a lifetime's worth of wealth, plug your current situation into this global calculator and see how yer doing vs the rest of this planet

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

You're probably doing much better than you thought...

This thing doesn't do negative net worths. And there are definitely people out there with negative net worths. Lots of them. The median net worth for a 35 yo in the US is only 11k. 

I'm assuming most people are going off salary though on this thing. Which in the US means we're all 1%ers. 

22 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

giphy.gif

LOL

I'll say this:

They're all MAJOR "Daddy's Girls" and they're right now my backup to my backup retirement plan...they'd take me in at the drop of a hat if things went South and those other things went South. I'm sure 90% of the time I get/will get played/manipulated, but it's worth it.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 10:05 AM, MWil23 said:

LOL

I'll say this:

They're all MAJOR "Daddy's Girls" and they're right now my backup to my backup retirement plan...they'd take me in at the drop of a hat if things went South and those other things went South. I'm sure 90% of the time I get/will get played/manipulated, but it's worth it.

Favorite team is the Cleveland Browns?

You’re definitely a gullible schmuck.

• Like 2

On 12/19/2019 at 10:05 AM, MWil23 said:

LOL

I'll say this:

Ha

Theyre all Daddy's Girls 5 and under just wait

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Gmen said:

I’ve been buying Tesla stock for over two years. They are 20% of my portfolio. My faith in them has paid off the past 3 months and I’m up 40% on the year!  

How did you guys do? 

Sold mine around $400. Had been long since about $330. Been slowly getting out of equities. Still long Twitter and Boeing though. Moved alot of cash into Gold (GDX) and Cannibus (MJ) etf's. The market is overdue a decent size correction. I'll buy the dip when it finally happens. But for now I'm playing it cautious.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shockey1979 said:

Sold mine around $400. Had been long since about $330. Been slowly getting out of equities. Still long Twitter and Boeing though. Moved alot of cash into Gold (GDX) and Cannibus (MJ) etf's. The market is overdue a decent size correction. I'll buy the dip when it finally happens. But for now I'm playing it cautious.

I'm a big fan of Tesla and Elon in general. I love the vision. I think the sky is the limit.

I'm not a believer in pot stocks. They have a supply and demand problem. Legal pot is apparently still twice as expensive as on the street, so many people will just buy the cheap stuff.

I agree that the market is overdue for a correction. But after 40% return this past year, I'd be okay with even 0% next year. I'm planning on holding my current stocks, but maybe not buying more until the correction.