Tom Brady gets his 200th regular season win

lancerman

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Completely fair. Personally I'm more likely to go down the "worthy adversary" route, but each to their own. My first love is rugby, and there is a team even more dominant than NE in tat sport (New Zealand) who average 1 loss a year. In the end, I just go....'you are too good. Fair play'. 

...cheaters :D :ph34r:

I can respect an adversary for being great.  I even argued for Matt Ryan MVP in 2016, despite him playing for a hated rival.  Give credit where credit is due.

Although I did enjoy watching the 28-3 superbowl.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't hate him because he's good. I hate him because he's smug when he wins, and he's a sore loser when he loses.

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser"

- Vince Lombardi

Not that I am defending the dark empire.. I am tired of that team.. Isnt there ANYONE in the AFC that can threaten them? That division has been terrible for 10 years, gifting them a first round bye every year. Only having to win 2 games to go to the superbowl is a huge advantage

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't hate him because he's good. I hate him because he's smug when he wins, and he's a sore loser when he loses.

Larry Bird is the only Boston sports player that I can think of that's beloved or at least liked and thought highly of outside of the New England area. Maybe Big Papi too even though he was a DH his whole career and a lot of baseball fans hate that position.

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser"

- Vince Lombardi

Not that I am defending the dark empire.. I am tired of that team.. Isnt there ANYONE in the AFC that can threaten them? That division has been terrible for 10 years, gifting them a first round bye every year. Only having to win 2 games to go to the superbowl is a huge advantage

In all 8 of Tom Brady's Super Bowl appearances, he had a bye in the first round of the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Malik said:

Larry Bird is the only Boston sports player that I can think of that's beloved or at least liked and thought highly of outside of the New England area. Maybe Big Papi too even though he was a DH his whole career and a lot of baseball fans hate that position.

I can't root for Big Papi either.

"If you get caught using PED's you should be banned for life."

-- Gets caught using PED's a few years later.

37 minutes ago, Danger said:

That's how the truly elite are. You think MJ took a loss well? You think MJ didn't walk around with an air of smugness to his greatness? 

Just now, ET80 said:

That's how the truly elite are. You think MJ took a loss well? You think MJ didn't walk around with an air of smugness to his greatness? 

I wasn't  a fan* in MJ's day, but if he acted like a bish, I'd treat him like a bish as well.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

There's a difference between rejecting the fact that he's the greatest to ever play, and simply saying I can't stand anything about him.

Doubt you'd like many of the guys in the NFL if you knew as much about them as you do Brady.

But I get the sentiment. I don't personally care much for him myself these days.

Archived