Tom Brady gets his 200th regular season win

lancerman

2 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

It's crazy how Brady threads evolve....

This went from "the guys won more games than most players play in" to "hes a trash human being" lol

He's not only a trash human being, but he is a marginally talented QB who has mooched off of Belichick for nearly 20 years.   JaMarcus Russell wouldve been a HOF with BB....whose with me?

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, Classic said:

When has Jeter ever been smug? The guy is great teammate.

I don't think anyone ever claimed Brady or Jordan were bad teammates. They were bad opponents, yes - partly because they were playing at an incredibly high level, partly because they had pure hatred for anyone they played. 

Jeter fits that mold (barely, admittedly). I mean, an entire farewell season where every moment between innings was some dedication ceremony to him? Who does that?

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I don't think anyone ever claimed Brady or Jordan were bad teammates. They were bad opponents, yes - partly because they were playing at an incredibly high level, partly because they had pure hatred for anyone they played. 

Jeter fits that mold (barely, admittedly). I mean, an entire farewell season where every moment between innings was some dedication ceremony to him? Who does that?

Does Brady hate his opponents? Not being defensive, but I honestly can't think of Brady ever calling out an opponent before a game or being smug after a win. Honestly, not one time. He hates losing, and gets angry, but that's not the same thing.

As for the "bad teammate" thing, I don't think even the most hardcore Brady haters would seriously say that. He's a great teammate.

Just now, ChazStandard said:

Does Brady hate his opponents? Not being defensive, but I honestly can't think of Brady ever calling out an opponent before a game or being smug after a win. Honestly, not one time. He hates losing, and gets angry, but that's not the same thing.

As for the "bad teammate" thing, I don't think even the most hardcore Brady haters would seriously say that. He's a great teammate.

Hate is a strong word - perhaps "shows no mercy" is better suited? Or "hyper-competetive"?

I just get the feeling that Brady would put up 100 points on a team of he could. He's not worried about gamesmanship or these unwritten rules on running up the score - he's out to put a dagger in his opponents.

That's not a bad thing is what I'm getting at.

I’ve always found the Tom Brady us “smug and arrogant” to be a massive projection. It’s like oh they win all the time so they must be smug. Him and Belichick are the first guys to praise their opponents and rarely if ever trash talk. Like I remember once in 2007 Belichick threw some shade on a Steelers defensivebsck who ran his mouth all week by saying “yeah we’ve played much better than him”. And Brady once chucked at Harbaugh in the AFC divisional round in 2014 saying he should look at the rules.... because he didn’t know the rules. 

Even things like the uproar over not shaking Foles hand was overplayed because Brady spent time on the field congratulating Eagles players and was telling them they deserved it and stopping to congratulate them in the tunnel. And then made a point to look for him in the preseason because of all the needless drama around it.

5 hours ago, DistantRam said:

That’s an easy one: they are called the Patriots and 9/11 happened. 

The rest is history. 

It was Sept 23, 2001, with 5:03 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Jets-Patriots game. Jets LB Mo Lewis slammed into Patriots QB Drew Bledsoe along the right sideline at old Foxboro Stadium.

That moment changed the NFL forever. Tall skinny Tom Brady came into the game, told the guys in the huddle "imma lead this team to at least 8 trips to the Super Bowl. Who's with me?"

The Patriots fatigue is real. Lol

The guy just breaks one milestone after another, just mind blowing. I can see how it’s hard to celebrate his accomplishments when he himself has ended many others’ achievements to earn his. More talented players will come and go but I will never see another QB as good as Brady.

5 hours ago, FinSting said:

It was Sept 23, 2001, with 5:03 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Jets-Patriots game. Jets LB Mo Lewis slammed into Patriots QB Drew Bledsoe along the right sideline at old Foxboro Stadium.

That moment changed the NFL forever. Tall skinny Tom Brady came into the game, told the guys in the huddle "imma lead this team to at least 8 trips to the Super Bowl. Who's with me?"

Why all the hate on Brady?  If it's anyone who should be flamed, it's Mo.

The wins are impressive, but what's really is incredible is the lack of losses getting to 200 wins.  With only 57 losses and a winning % of .778, nobody comes close to this.  None of the current players who played a 100 games really have any chance.  The closest is Russell Wilson, but he needs to win 52 games straight just to get back on pace with Brady's winning %.  Even past QBs who were known for winning like Staubach and Montana don't come close.  Well if Staubach un-retired and won 18 straight starts, he would have the same winning %, but then he would only have 102 wins.

Jimmy G and Mahomes are currently both ahead of Brady in terms of winning %, but combined they only have 17 starts.  It's quite a long road to 200 for them to sustain winning consistently at Brady's (and Patriots') level.  

Will we see another QB win 200+ games?  Well with how protected QBs are now, it's possible to see QBs with longer careers than Favre.  Also if the schedule bumps up to 18 game per season, that would should make getting to 200 wins faster.  But to get there with .778 winning percentage?  I don't think we'll ever see that again.  

11 hours ago, ET80 said:

He was the face of baseball. It's going to be the exact same thing times 10 if LeBron announces his final season.

Archived