Tom Brady gets his 200th regular season win

lancerman

6 hours ago, DigInBoys said:

Look how much coverage say, ESPN gives to LeBron and how much it gives to Brady and there is your answer.

Lebron’s in a sport where the ratings aren’t as high, it isn’t as watched, and Lebron is the only major ratings draw to pull from. Brady’s in a sport where if you put the two worst teams in the league on prime time it would beat out the rest of the NBA season and possibly the Finals. When they talk about the NBA they pretty much have to talk about it in terms of Lebron. When they talk about the NFL they still talk about Brady more than any other player, but ESPN can get the same results as talking about Lebron as they would talking about Bell’s drama with the Steelers or any NFL story of the week. 

Its like how DC pushed the he’ll out of Batman because he’s clearly the biggest mainstream draw, but Marvel can get by with guys like Antman or Guardians because even though Iron Man is a major draw, he’s not the only dog in the yard.

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

Its like how DC pushed the he’ll out of Batman because he’s clearly the biggest mainstream draw, but Marvel can get by with guys like Antman or Guardians because even though Iron Man is a major draw, he’s not the only dog in the yard.

This is actually a very brilliant analogy. Kudos.

When Brady wins 43-40, or throws 505 yards in a Super Bowl but loses 41-33, remember it is his superior defense that is carrying him. O.o

And Batman does not lose in the end anywhere near as often as LeBron.

LeBron James ... the greatest basketball player who gets actual pity from the people who pretend he is the greatest!

I am pretty sure the GoaT does not require PITY to be part of the equation in order for him to be the GoaT.  (see Michael Jordan, Kobe, Magic, etc.)

I think LeBron should lose in the new Space Jam and then everyone can blame Bugs Bunny for not being good enough of a teammate.

Then Steph, Draymond, Clay, and Durant can beat the aliens in the end.

3 hours ago, SkippyX said:

When Brady wins 43-40, or throws 505 yards in a Super Bowl but loses 41-33, remember it is his superior defense that is carrying him. O.o

And Batman does not lose in the end anywhere near as often as LeBron.

LeBron James ... the greatest basketball player who gets actual pity from the people who pretend he is the greatest!

I am pretty sure the GoaT does not require PITY to be part of the equation in order for him to be the GoaT.  (see Michael Jordan, Kobe, Magic, etc.)

I think LeBron should lose in the new Space Jam and then everyone can blame Bugs Bunny for not being good enough of a teammate.

Then Steph, Draymond, Clay, and Durant can beat the aliens in the end. 

Jordan is the GOAT and the reason the NBA became so Popular but Lebron is easily a Top 5 player of all time. I'm not sure why you think Kobe or Magic are better than him they aren't.

10 minutes ago, Classic said:

Jordan is the GOAT and the reason the NBA became so Popular but Lebron is easily a Top 5 player of all time. I'm not sure why you think Kobe or Magic are better than him they aren't.

Lebron is absolutely in the GOAT conversation.  He doesn't pass MJ IMO, but he's up there.

13 hours ago, lancerman said:

Lebron’s in a sport where the ratings aren’t as high, it isn’t as watched, and Lebron is the only major ratings draw to pull from. Brady’s in a sport where if you put the two worst teams in the league on prime time it would beat out the rest of the NBA season and possibly the Finals. When they talk about the NBA they pretty much have to talk about it in terms of Lebron. When they talk about the NFL they still talk about Brady more than any other player, but ESPN can get the same results as talking about Lebron as they would talking about Bell’s drama with the Steelers or any NFL story of the week. 

Steph and the Warriors get big ratings too, I actually think its impressive that LeBron gets as much coverage that he does because the NFL dwarfs the NBA in terms of popularity/ratings.

On 10/16/2018 at 6:58 PM, ET80 said:

So, you think the six time Super Bowl winning QB, multiple league MVP, who is married to a world famous Victoria's Secret supermodel... isn't recognizable? 

Ok. Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess. I've read some blatantly incorrect statements on this forum, and this is right up there.

im ok with this timeline

On 17/10/2018 at 12:53 AM, Malik said:

Brady is nowhere near the face of the league. No one in the NFL is the face of the league because the NFL doesn't market itself by players. No way in h*ll is Brady getting more coverage than LeBron. Millions of people who have never watched a single sporting event in their life could spot out LeBron. Tom Brady could be wearing his uniform and people who don't watch sports wouldn't recognize him.

I always use the tried and tested acid test of geography. I live in the UK, where neither sport is popular in the slightest. If I showed 100 guys photos of both Brady and LeBron, I am sure LeBron would get more hits. Some would recognise Brady, but more would recognise LeBron. This is true even though NFL is more popular here. 

57 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I always use the tried and tested acid test of geography. I live in the UK, where neither sport is popular in the slightest. If I showed 100 guys photos of both Brady and LeBron, I am sure LeBron would get more hits. Some would recognise Brady, but more would recognise LeBron. This is true even though NFL is more popular here. 

Yeah but the top 10 NFL players in the US are probably just as recognizeable as domestically as Lebron is. And most of their games will crap on Lebron’s rating wise. 

Then while Lebron is more popular internationally, the best soccer players are all way ahead of him. 

I don’t think that’s a great test when both sports are far more dependent on the US market and the difference is that outside the US one is a little more global

11 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Lebron is absolutely in the GOAT conversation.  He doesn't pass MJ IMO, but he's up there.

MJ is like how Montana used to be. The myth is a bit bigger than the reality and until someone actually out does their hallmark achievement (4 rings and 6 rings) any competition will be undermined. Once nostalgia sets in, it is tough to beat. 

22 minutes ago, lancerman said:

MJ is like how Montana used to be. The myth is a bit bigger than the reality and until someone actually out does their hallmark achievement (4 rings and 6 rings) any competition will be undermined. Once nostalgia sets in, it is tough to beat. 

Some of that is true, but MJ certainly deserves the GOAT status.  

I think MJ and Lebron are 1a and 1b.  The gap between Brady and Montana is bigger IMO.  

Archived