Extend Mike McCarthy?

incognito_man

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

It could very well fall out that way.  Part of MMs problem is that he seems to get out coached in Prime Time frequently.  Maybe not out coached, but some of his biggest flops are Nationally televised.  IF he is 'freed to leave' after this year you may very well point back at this game.  He's not expected to win in Minnesota, but tonight?  Very winnable game.

There are some daunting statistics in regards to this game tonight .. teams traveling west 2 time zones or more have an 0-11 record on TNF.  The short week is just a ***** for the road teams.

On 11/13/2018 at 8:25 PM, Shanedorf said:

Why do you suppose that is ?
The Packers just engaged a world - class executive search firm in finding and hiring a new GM as well as restructuring the Org Chart

Murphy could have dumped MM at the same time as TT - that would have changed up the search process completely.  And you can be certain it was discussed in great detail at the highest levels of the Org. Clean house....start fresh

But the President and the Ex. Committee opted to keep the head coach, let him hire new staff, and replace the GM with an MM-friendly Personnel guy. All of that strongly suggests that MM isn't the problem in the eyes of the Senior Management or the outside consultants they hired. They may certainly be wrong, but they're also a public corporation subject to all kinds of rules and procedures for making these hires/fires and decisions.
Its usually the single owners that act impetuously 

I don't want to cede control of the entire football operation to AR. I love the guy, but this is way outside of his purview. If the Packers need a newer/better/shinier offense, then get a new offensive mind in there or task the current staff with working with AR on various tweaks and innovations. Get him a QB coach he likes

If you want to fire MM, that's fine. But you are setting the Org back 3-4 years, same as every other team that has changed HCs. We all want the same goal, but some are proposing a 1000 pound solution to a 10 pound problem. I think there are less drastic and less risky ways to get there -

And what I really believe is that this team needs more talent - hence the new GM and the new way of doing business in terms of vet player acquisition.
THOSE are the issues that the Senior Management decided were most pressing and required the greatest change. And that's what they did.

Like I said - they could all be full of crapola.
But they certainly ran a thorough process and their actions offer us a hint into what they learned over the last 10-12 months

I'm not giving him any decision making. I'm asking his opinion knowing if he DOESNT approve of MM, it's already over.

I've never called for MM to be fired, or even questioned. I'm calling for Aaron to be asked if he thinks McCarthy's offense is still one he feels will continue to be effective. He's the guy who's gotta run the thing.

Just now, HighCalebR said:

The Fat Mac stuff.... Ya'll got something going on at home or? Try like Dumb Mac or something if you don't like his playcalls.. He's a big dude, but he's probably like average American soooo... You guys hate America?

I view it as a scream to "ignore me!"

Makes a decision for me

Just now, HighCalebR said:

The Fat Mac stuff.... Ya'll got something going on at home or? Try like Dumb Mac or something if you don't like his playcalls.. He's a big dude, but he's probably like average American soooo... You guys hate America?

It's some really juvenile ****, I don't know why it's tolerated. I understand being mad, frustrated or sad (I'm all of those things and more) but resorting to name-calling, specifically based on someone's physical appearance, is as lowbrow as it gets.

29 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

He’s done.

I think so too. He's not fully to blame(no coach every truly is) but the buck stops with him and he knows that. Just comes with the territory for being HC. Rodgers play is nowhere near the absurd level he set for himself, so that plays a role, but you can't talk all offseason about changing the offense up/using a scrub brush on it and then bring out these results this season. This offense has underperformed all season long and has looked disgusting for long stretches every game.

Just now, Packer_ESP said:

It's some really juvenile ****, I don't know why it's tolerated. I understand being mad, frustrated or sad (I'm all of those things and more) but resorting to name-calling, specifically based on someone's physical appearance, is as lowbrow as it gets.

It's so tired. It's been going on as long as people have had the opportunity to hate on him. A little originality would go a long ways. Like a gut effects his ability to call plays or something?

Taking out my personal preference, I really don't think McCarthy gets fired even if we lose 3 of our next six games.  There was too much positive from this season to make that move.  Pettine is making great strides with our defense, our offensive line is strong with little investment, our receivers have shown a lot of promise, we've been in all but one game this season and all this in a year where our division has made gigantic moves when the biggest move we made was sign Jimmy Graham. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Taking out my personal preference, I really don't think McCarthy gets fired even if we lose 3 of our next six games.  There was too much positive from this season to make that move.  Pettine is making great strides with our defense, our offensive line is strong with little investment, our receivers have shown a lot of promise, we've been in all but one game this season and all this in a year where our division has made gigantic moves when the biggest move we made was sign Jimmy Graham. 

We've won 4 of 10 games for the 3rd time in 3 years. It's not working. It's definitely not Mac's fault completely, but in sports the coaches contract doesn't tie into the cap, so he falls on the sword.

Archived