Chances Norm Van Brocklin passing record (554 yards) gets broken this season

Blackstar12

Ben couldve easily broken it in the 2014 game vs the Colts, but the Steelers took their foot off the pedal late in the game when the lead got more comfortable, and he ended up with 522 yards.

And honestly, I could see Ben doing it this year considering how terrible our defense is.

19 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Ben couldve easily broken it in the 2014 game vs the Colts, but the Steelers took their foot off the pedal late in the game when the lead got more comfortable, and he ended up with 522 yards.

And honestly, I could see Ben doing it this year considering how terrible our defense is.

Only qb in history with three 500 yard games, my money’s on Ben.

34 minutes ago, KellChippy said:

Only qb in history with three 500 yard games, my money’s on Ben.

Our new DC can get pretty pass happy as well, especially if the run game isnt working early.

Panthers, Chargers, Raiders, Patriots and the Saints are the games it could most likely happen in IMO. 

It will get broken one day, probably within the next 5 years but you need that perfect storm of a game where a QB HAS to throw the ball to win.

If I had to bet on someone this year, Rodgers. The packers abandon the running game, their defense is blegh and they play in a divison with talented offenses. 

5 hours ago, Classic said:

I'm surprised it hasn't already been broken. Brady, Mahomes, Brees and Big Ben have all the weapons and gunslinger mentality to break it. It'll probably be average QB who likes to throw alot though and in a losing effort.

all these teams have decent RB backfield. unlikely.

Need a bad D that gives up quick points.  Also need a non existent run game.   Finally need a gunslinger QB facing another awful pass D who has quick strike weapons to not chew up clock but get chunk plays.   And RZ weapons who don’t bog down the drive as they get close to the EZ and use up valuable time.  

So...Jameis Winston, #1 candidate this year.   D gives up 35+ quick strike points he checks all the boxes (only issue is limiting TO’s so he can get all the yards).  

Deshaun Watson would also qualify if that HOU D wasn’t great at rushing the QB (major coverage issues) and his OL wasn’t getting him killed.   Andrew Luck would if he could throw deep (and his quick strike weapons are hurting). 

Archived