Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I had a student go to the show last Monday in CBus. I'm a huge Volbeat fan and they love Ghost, so we had a good conversation about it.

I am more of a Volbeat fan too, but Ghost is really good as well!  I just feel like I had would have to go to church immediately after seeing them!!!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I am more of a Volbeat fan too, but Ghost is really good as well!  I just feel like I had would have to go to church immediately after seeing them!!!!!!

Papa Emeritus only made a short appearance last night.  

heavy metal GIF

First concert in 4 years. Nice to get back to one.

Now if I can only convince my wife to go and see Slipknot with me at Gund Arena (as the two buddies I went with last night both have a commitment that night).

Spoiler

suffice to say....I'm not going to see Slipknot.  There is no way in hell my wife would EVER go to see them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I know that Ghost's satanic thing is just a schtick, but I just can't listen to them because of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I know that Ghost's satanic thing is just a schtick, but I just can't listen to them because of it.

I've thought about this and...I believe the shtick is saying it's just a shtick. Tobias Forge has built his entire career on satanism. It's more real to him than he lets on IMO, campy or not--perfect alibi for whatever his connections are. Good music, though.

• Like 2

On 2/16/2022 at 12:52 PM, NudeTayne said:

I've thought about this and...I believe the shtick is saying it's just a shtick. Tobias Forge has built his entire career on satanism. It's more real to him than he lets on IMO, campy or not--perfect alibi for whatever his connections are. Good music, though.

I read that and immediately thought you were referring to 

tobias funke GIF

• Like 3

I need my Brothers to Hurt with me......

Now I normally dont do this.....but here is the story the pain..

I have a hookup at my local Wegmans....this one gets in A-5 Waygu...the finest meat on the planet (now the fines a-5 we can debate...some say the Olive....I digress)....they have my personal cell phone number for when the items hit the sale by date and they drop the price on it about 35%....I've gotten'em to drop it %50 by agreeing to take a whole tray....

A5NEWYORK16-2T.jpg

Well I saw my direct HOOKUP this morning, just stopped by to browse....First thing he asked me was "Where have you been the last 2 days....we literally just threw out 7 Cubes of the A-5 (these 2.5 ounce steaks usually run about $45/$50 bucks)....

200.gif

He said he couldnt find my number.......Needless to say they had to stop me from writing it on the Meat Case with a Sharpie.....

wtf-stressed.gif

ck2-flipping-out.gif

UnfortunateCheapAntlion-size_restricted.

giphy.gif

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I have a hookup at my local Wegmans....this one gets in A-5 Waygu...the finest meat on the planet (now the fines a-5 we can debate...some say the Olive....I digress)....they have my personal cell phone number for when the items hit the sale by date and they drop the price on it about 35%....I've gotten'em to drop it %50 by agreeing to take a whole tray....

A5NEWYORK16-2T.jpg

Well I saw my direct HOOKUP this morning, just stopped by to browse....First thing he asked me was "Where have you been the last 2 days....we literally just threw out 7 Cubes of the A-5 (these 2.5 ounce steaks usually run about $45/$50 bucks)....

200.gif

He said he couldnt find my number.......Needless to say they had to stop me from writing it on the Meat Case with a Sharpie.....

wtf-stressed.gif

ck2-flipping-out.gif

giphy.gif

Mmmmmmmm Wegmans 

2 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

A5NEWYORK16-2T.jpg

200.gif

wtf-stressed.gif

ck2-flipping-out.gif

giphy.gif

LOVE me some A5 wagyu!  I have had both the regular and olive wagyu. Olive is maybe slightly better?  I don’t think it’s enough to deserve the price difference. 

• Like 2

Hey @malibuspeedrace I have another “what were you thinking you dumb engineer” story for you. I’m not going to mention any names but I’m pretty sure it’s @JDD  So I’m doing the Middleburg Hts police dept coordination work for a local sheet metal contractor. I go out to field measure the building and find B/stl at 11’-9” to 12’-5”. Anywhere from 18” to 10” deep duct. Mostly 12” deep duct. As per usual I check the RCP for ceiling heights. Well I’ll be, a whole lot of 11’-0” ceilings. Hmmmm. Should I even bother doing the math?  So I immediately call my contractor and tell her to start sending RFIs. 

I look thru the email chain and notice the architect asking the engineer what the heck was he thinking 😂

• Like 1

@Bonanza23
Engineers seriously do not put any thought into anything outside of what their calculations tell them.  They have zero care about ceiling height, or where there is no ceiling.

On my first $30m school project…on the sections coming out of the mechanical room I had “human scale” Silhouettes in the ductwork.  It was legit 40”x120” for a massive stretch

these fools also demanded a 2story mechanical room….

it legit felt like the Alamodome in there before the equipment, pipes and ductwork were installed.  I imagine the maintenance staff love their space though.

these same fools also sized the chiller based on the code number of occupants…rather than the actual class occupants..so rather than 25 people per classroom, they showed an expected 49 per….needless to say the chiller dropped from 2 massive units to only 1 after a very heated  conversation, when we had to VE a ton, and found out why they were adamant we needed 2 was because they didn’t know the difference between allowable and actual. 

I don’t believe we have worked with that company since.  At least nothing I have been apart of.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Hey @malibuspeedrace I have another “what were you thinking you dumb engineer” story for you. I’m not going to mention any names but I’m pretty sure it’s @JDD  So I’m doing the Middleburg Hts police dept coordination work for a local sheet metal contractor. I go out to field measure the building and find B/stl at 11’-9” to 12’-5”. Anywhere from 18” to 10” deep duct. Mostly 12” deep duct. As per usual I check the RCP for ceiling heights. Well I’ll be, a whole lot of 11’-0” ceilings. Hmmmm. Should I even bother doing the math?  So I immediately call my contractor and tell her to start sending RFIs. 

I look thru the email chain and notice the architect asking the engineer what the heck was he thinking 😂

Shouldn't ceiling heights be in the architect's spec sheet in the architect's drawings? That is what they are getting paid for.

3 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

these same fools also sized the chiller based on the code number of occupants…rather than the actual class occupants..so rather than 25 people per classroom, they showed an expected 49 per….needless to say the chiller dropped from 2 massive units to only 1 after a very heated  conversation, when we had to VE a ton, and found out why they were adamant we needed 2 was because they didn’t know the difference between allowable and actual. 

Well, why are they at 50% capacity? My school is at 50% classroom capacity because of Covid but we still plan everything around being able to be at 100%. You certainly wouldn't want to install a cooling system that couldn't manage being at 100% especially if it was paid for (at least in part) by grant money that may or may not be there in the future.

Now if their full expected capacity is 50% of what is allowed for the size of the rooms that makes sense. It just wouldn't if they are at a lower capacity for an unintentional reason like Covid, poor marketing, temporary job markets or something like that.

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well, why are they at 50% capacity? My school is at 50% classroom capacity because of Covid but we still plan everything around being able to be at 100%. You certainly wouldn't want to install a cooling system that couldn't manage being at 100% especially if it was paid for (at least in part) by grant money that may or may not be there in the future.

Now if their full expected capacity is 50% of what is allowed for the size of the rooms that makes sense. It just wouldn't if they are at a lower capacity for an unintentional reason like Covid, poor marketing, temporary job markets or something like that.

code vs actual is an Ohio building code thing vs the OFCC Manual(which these schools have to comply with when any percentage is state funded)

the square ft of the classroom is basically a state mandate, and we can adjust the size by like 10%...most of these schools its 23 / 24 / 25 student seats, then 1 for the teacher.   The Ohio Building code doesn't give a rip about this number, they just state that for every 20 sq ft, account for a body (I believe it is /20...Been a bit since I did a code plan for a school)..

So on our code plan drawings we had that "Max number" based on the Size of the room/20...On every other plan the seats are shown or the number is called out, which is roughly half or more from what the building department dictates is the Max.

The Mech System is designed to meet and exceed this...these bozos just used the wrong number to begin with which affected all of their calcs, and demanded so much additional "space" for equipment and ductwork...but it was so far down the design road before we found out exactly what the heck was going on that it would have taken significantly more time and cost to the owner to repurpose everthing.

This was prior to covid completely so none of that 6' distancincing really applied.

Luckily this was when construction costs were not fully outta wack.