THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

Just now, Buckeyebowman said:

Are you trying to say that Dorsey has wound up his search with 2 more games to go in this season? Are you daft? I'm sure that nothing like that had occurred!

All the Browns have to do is interview a "black" candidate for HC and they are good. And the Browns shouldn't have caught any flak last year since Dorsey is NOT the HC!  So, the Browns did not "skirt around" the rule! 

It is well known that one of Condoleeza Rice's most fervent hopes is to be Commissioner of the NFL some day!  And, she's a huge Browns fan! But Commissioner is an administrative post, of which she has plenty of experience. She has zero experience at coaching football!  So when the media started reporting that the Browns were considering Rice for the HC, I smelled it as BS! 

1. Going off reports and rumors...saying if he decided before even interviewing guys that he f’d up

2. Rooney rules also applies to GMs and exectives.  “The Rooney Rule is a National Football League policy that requires league teams to interview ethnic-minority candidates for head coaching and senior football operation jobs.”  Rule changes are making it harder to just interview a random candidate. Like if you have one on staff. They changed the rules up because what happen with Dorsey and Gruden Hirings. 

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Also, if GW doesn’t get the HC job here I don’t think he will ever get another shot. This is his best chance

Agree, but I do not think this is about giving Williams a shot.

If we win out he has earned it, imho, provided Kitchens stays on, which I think he would.

I really am not overly impressed with any other named candidates that are out there.

I certainly do not see anyone heads-and-shoulders above Williams.

Dorsey has a list and I guess we just have to wait it out to see who is number one on it.

43 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Agree, but I do not think this is about giving Williams a shot.

If we win out he has earned it, imho, provided Kitchens stays on, which I think he would.

I really am not overly impressed with any other named candidates that are out there.

I certainly do not see anyone heads-and-shoulders above Williams.

Dorsey has a list and I guess we just have to wait it out to see who is number one on it.

no one might not currently be better than GW, but there are guys with more potential. Not about finding the best coach for the next season or two. Gotta find the best coach for the next 5+ years

13 minutes ago, buno67 said:

no one might not currently be better than GW, but there are guys with more potential.

Williams, if the team wins out, is the baseline as far as I am concerned.

Potential often/usually isn't worth bupkis.

13 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I'm all for keeping Williams and Kitchens as long as we get rid of the dumpster fire that is our Special Teams Coordinator Amos. He is the worst and then only job at 1st Energy that he should have is flipping burgers at the concession stand. 

But burgers have the potential to be delicious.

14 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Williams went prevent in the 4th, and they scored on us in like 6 seconds. I have a personal philosophy against hiring any HC who EVER goes prevent. Prevent D is a glaring red flag. 

Freddie has gotten conservative too.

They need to purge themselves of the habit quickly.

Archived