1. 1. Best WR of this group?

• A.J Green
    • Odell Beckham Jr
    • Michael Thomas
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Adam Thielen
    • Mike Evans
    • Brandin Cooks

Man, I don't get how ppl don't think Thomas is a top 3 WR at this stage.    It's not just the volume - he's actually only 8th in the league in targets - but he's putting up a ridonkulous 89.6% catch rate.   His catches/yards are not just a function of volume - he's just operating at a historic level of efficiency never seen before. That's not just on Brees - he's literally beating his guys so badly, nothing is getting missed.

He could drop the next 10 passes thrown his way - and he'd still be ahead of the 2nd place guy in terms of target efficiency.   That's just plain insane.

Frankly, there's a top 4 tier in the league now, Thomas belongs in the same convo as Hopkins & Julio.    If ppl want to say OBJ belongs there too, no argument whatsoever, but Thomas gets into the Julio/Hopkins tier.

50 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Man, I don't get how ppl don't think Thomas is a top 3 WR at this stage.    It's not just the volume - he's actually only 8th in the league in targets - but he's putting up a ridonkulous 89.6% catch rate.   His catches/yards are not just a function of volume - he's just operating at a historic level of efficiency never seen before. That's not just on Brees - he's literally beating his guys so badly, nothing is getting missed.

He could drop the next 10 passes thrown his way - and he'd still be ahead of the 2nd place guy in terms of target efficiency.   That's just plain insane.

Frankly, there's a top 4 tier in the league now, Thomas belongs in the same convo as Hopkins & Julio.    If ppl want to say OBJ belongs there too, no argument whatsoever, but Thomas gets into the Julio/Hopkins tier.

Colston was also producing the same numbers without the era inflation and I wouldn't have considered him a top-3 WR.

9 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Colston was also producing the same numbers without the era inflation and I wouldn't have considered him a top-3 WR.

No he wasn't. Thomas has been far better this season than any season Colston had with the Saints.

On 11/12/2018 at 3:59 PM, SmittyBacall said:

My beef with Thomas, if you can call it that, is he's perfectly situated in a position to excel. Under Payton, with Brees, tons of volume, in that offense - you couldn't paint a prettier picture.

You really can't hold this against Thomas and ignore the fact that Julio and Brown are also in highly potent offenses.

11 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Colston and Thomas are not on the same planet in terms of ability. 

Keenan

He isn't top 4, but he is definitely in the 5-8 range. His numbers are down due to game script and the plethora of other weapons on the team. But he is still getting open and has been more efficient this year with his targets.

In a "down" season, Keenan still should finish with 1200-1300 years and 5-6 scores. 

3 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

That, coupled with his inability to threaten deep. 

Is it an inability? He roasted the Rams deep last game or is that Brees simply lacks a deep ball now and the Saints offense has adjusted accordingly?

You just seem to be holding it against Thomas but not other guys in great situations. No one seems to be holding the Chiefs explosive offense against Tyreek Hill.

6 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Is it an inability? He roasted the Rams deep last game or is that Brees simply lacks a deep ball now and the Saints offense has adjusted accordingly?

You just seem to be holding it against Thomas but not other guys in great situations. No one seems to be holding the Chiefs explosive offense against Tyreek Hill.

I guess this means Brees can't be a top QB because he lacks a good deep ball.

Archived