Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

On 12/17/2021 at 3:54 PM, twslhs20 said:

So I matched with this girl on Hinge. Literally like 2 messages between us. I asked about her job early yesterday morning. He hasn't hit me back I know people get busy, but I wasn't sure what the proper etiquette was. I know double texting is a big no no. At the same time, do I break that rule after some time has past?

I'm kind of at a loss. Maybe she just isn't interested, but I figured she would just unmatch.

any update?

nothing wrong with texting her again a day or two later to see if she wants to get together.

2 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Are there any tips to keeping a girl interested on dating apps?

I'm a female and NOT on a dating app. It's gotta be hard... be funny/ witty, different   Sincerely though, good luck!!!  (like it's not hard enough picking up a person in real life!) LoL

• Like 1

Dating Apps suck. I say work on yourself, physically and financially. When those two aspects of your life are good you will naturally be confident. Go out and meet people without the intention of looking for a partner. Go out to enjoy yourself and people will gravitate to you. I promise.  

Edited by GHARMON9
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

Go out and meet people without the intention of looking for partner. Go out to enjoy yourself and people will gravitate to you. I promise.  

I don't know about the first part of this statement (because I was sorta broke and pretty fat when I met my wife) but I agree 600% on this part. People will gravitate to you if you're having a good time - when you're living in the moment, not concerned on what people of the opposite sex see in you or what you're looking for in them. Just be in that moment -  enjoy it, laugh a lot, dance a lot, flirt with no expectations - remind yourself that you are the best version of yourself at any given moment in your life, and others will see that best version of yourself every time they're with you. (This applies to everything, not just dating - believe you're the best version of yourself and you will be).

Confidence and charisma are sexy. Harness that and you'll find what you're looking for, without really looking for it.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Seems easier said than done, but I appreciate it.

If you are looking for more than just a hookup on a dating app like Tinder, you're not going to have great luck. Purely anecdotal, but I have a bunch of single friends, chicks and dudes, and they only ever used Tinder for hookups. My one good friend recently moved to an 'actual dating' site (Match I think?) because he wanted something more serious and he had much better luck instantly. I don't think that was a coincidence.

55 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

If you are looking for more than just a hookup on a dating app like Tinder, you're not going to have great luck. Purely anecdotal, but I have a bunch of single friends, chicks and dudes, and they only ever used Tinder for hookups. My one good friend recently moved to an 'actual dating' site (Match I think?) because he wanted something more serious and he had much better luck instantly. I don't think that was a coincidence.

I have a couple of them. II find it funny that the majority of girls on these state they don't want FWB or hookup when the stats show otherwise. If you go on reddit there are a ton of dude that are having issues. So maybe my profile is just trash, or a combination of things. This whole thing is a really unfun puzzle.

2 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

I have a couple of them. II find it funny that the majority of girls on these state they don't want FWB or hookup when the stats show otherwise. If you go on reddit there are a ton of dude that are having issues. So maybe my profile is just trash, or a combination of things. This whole thing is a really unfun puzzle.

I am eternally grateful that I have never had to go through the online dating/hookup scene. I'm pretty sure I would fail miserably. Creating an attractive profile like that is just not something I'd want to do or be able to do without serious help. Good luck out there.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Seems easier said than done, but I appreciate it.

Oh dude, it's not easy at all - I get it, it was pretty damn tough for me. Like working out and getting your finances in order, it takes work and discipline. But if you put the work and discipline in to remind yourself you're the best version of yourself and you're worth it, you'll see it pay off in spades.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Oh dude, it's not easy at all - I get it, it was pretty damn tough for me. Like working out and getting your finances in order, it takes work and discipline. But if you put the work and discipline in to remind yourself you're the best version of yourself and you're worth it, you'll see it pay off in spades.

I really love this community here

• Like 2