Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

That's how I spent my honeymoon...

*Shrug*

That's why I recommend the smash and dash method. Damn woman doesn't ruin your honeymoon if you don't have a honeymoon.

That being said I've been married for 12 years. Should have followed my own advice. 😅

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I asked a woman from work out for a date in a couple weeks(work is killing us with overtime)  At work I'm fun, playful, I tell puns/dad jokes.  For the most part I'm very upbeat.  In the past when I've been on dates I end up in my own way.  I overthink, I try too hard to make a good impression.  Obviously I can't be like that.  Our date isn't for a couple weeks(we're working this Saturday and with all the overtime I'll be insanely tired)  Basically I want the way I am at work is the way I want to be on our date.  Any tips on how to be more like that and not be in my own way? 

4 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

I asked a woman from work out for a date in a couple weeks(work is killing us with overtime)  At work I'm fun, playful, I tell puns/dad jokes.  For the most part I'm very upbeat.  In the past when I've been on dates I end up in my own way.  I overthink, I try too hard to make a good impression.  Obviously I can't be like that.  Our date isn't for a couple weeks(we're working this Saturday and with all the overtime I'll be insanely tired)  Basically I want the way I am at work is the way I want to be on our date.  Any tips on how to be more like that and not be in my own way? 

It's so easy to over think things! But...if there's a good connection between you two, the jokes and your usual self with her will come out!! Maybe not in the first min but give the conversation a little time and your natural self with her at work should come. Easy to think now until the date comes, but honestly - a true connection will show itself, if it's there

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

She's said yes, so just be yourself. It's okay to ask her a lot of questions in a "getting to know you" sort of way, which is kind of a trick to making it seem like you are doing some talking, without actually saying anything. It let's her do the majority of the talking, will bring up natural dialogue and questions from her to you, and you can just enjoy dinner or whatever.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

Yeah, I think "be yourself" gets thrown around a lot not because you should let her see your true self so much as if you're intentionally trying to act a certain way, you're way more likely to make it weird or awkward.

So yeah, I guess just try to relax as best you can.  Wear comfortable clothes, etc.  I don't know.  She already knows you from work, so it's not like you need to make that all important first impression.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

She's said yes, so just be yourself.

Let me add a little flavor to that comment. For this first datev- keep reminding yourself you're not trying to accomplish anything. There is no goal to achieve, you're not trying to get in her pants ( even though you are) Just think of it as a couple of friends hanging out.

Once you take away the ulterior motives and goals- you won't overthink it and you won't scare her away by trying to make something happen. Just be. Not unlike having a couple of beers with a buddy at a bar. The conversation flows, nobody is trying to get over on anyone and its an enjoyable evening out.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2021 at 8:42 PM, Sugashane said:

That's why I recommend the smash and dash method. Damn woman doesn't ruin your honeymoon if you don't have a honeymoon.

That being said I've been married for 12 years. Should have followed my own advice. 😅

How’s your side piece you went on a date with to the opera or whatever 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Not sure, only been over to my buddy's house twice and embarrassed her really badly in front of her hopeful BF/friend zoned guy/whatever one time. Pretty sure she hates me now too.

And R Kelly made it seem so easy

15 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

Three times I tried to set up a date for us and all three times she said no so I'm not going to bother.  She said she would go out so she should have followed through with it or just said no to begin with.  

My rule has always been- if they say no and don't offer another date to go out- then they're not that interested. Moving on is a good choice. Also, don't hold too much of a grudge against her. Some people just have a tough time saying no, or it's possible she had second thoughts about dating a coworker. The dating world sucks sometimes. 

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

So I matched with this girl on Hinge. Literally like 2 messages between us. I asked about her job early yesterday morning. He hasn't hit me back I know people get busy, but I wasn't sure what the proper etiquette was. I know double texting is a big no no. At the same time, do I break that rule after some time has past?

I'm kind of at a loss. Maybe she just isn't interested, but I figured she would just unmatch.