Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

You're gonna get another one of these gals pregnant, aintcha...

Despite my track record and lack of basic common sense and principles, there’s no chance of that whatsoever. 

• 4 weeks later...

I signed up for zoosk just for SNGs. I don't even have a picture. I'm just trying to get the lay of the land, and I haven't used an online dating app in years.

Anyone had any genuine success with any of them? Any particular one good ones for men?

I take the absolute worst pictures. I have to figure out how I'm going to recruit help for this before I take this seriously.

On 4/27/2021 at 4:47 PM, ET80 said:

It depends on what someone's day/week looks like. My wife is in school and works, I work from home - so it makes sense that I take on a lot of the day-to-day. She still handles the kids' laundry and towels. I get pretty much everything else.

The exception is when I'm working on Quarterly reporting or annual Executive summaries, or have to work overnight for an production install; Roles are basically reversed. My wife is in tune with my job, she can quickly ascertain if I'm able to balance, or if it's going sideways and I need to focus.

I have a philosophy in life - if you see it, you do it. I've been that way since before I was married. So, it just gets done.

Once upon a time (more on this later) we did create a list of chores - that led to a "well, that's not MY job" between us, which isn't an ideal argument.

Yeah (this was what I was referring to above). There was a time when there was a ton of friction between us on this. I was commuting at the time, so it was incredibly difficult to be stuck in traffic and then come home and sweep the floors and take out the trash. Wife's situation was still school/work, so it wasn't like she had bandwidth either.

There was give and take between us (lotta reluctant taking by me, IMO) to find out the best way to maintain the house; The list we had made sense, but it turned when the "it's not my job" lines started to come out from either of us. Finally, we figured we'd try to bring in housekeepers twice a month while maintaining smaller chores on a regular basis - dishes, cooking, organizing pantry/fridge, etc.

It's worked out, but it's certainly an uneasy peace. I'm half expecting her to take on more once she's done with her Masters, but I'm also bracing myself for another new task that'll occupy her.

Yea man this stuff is hard.

My wife and I don't argue about it at all. I'm generally more communicative than her, but I also have the see it do it philosophy.

I switched careers and got the job I wanted, but it's taken a lot of extra effort to make it work. She understands, but eventually got frustrated that I was doing less. I just took it in stride because that type of thing is pretty rare, but there was a part of me that was like.....really?

On 6/26/2021 at 6:15 PM, twslhs20 said:

I signed up for zoosk just for SNGs. I don't even have a picture. I'm just trying to get the lay of the land, and I haven't used an online dating app in years.

Anyone had any genuine success with any of them? Any particular one good ones for men?

I take the absolute worst pictures. I have to figure out how I'm going to recruit help for this before I take this seriously.

online dating a waste of time..im not a good picture taker either and its showing. 

• Like 1