Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

16 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

speaking of online dating, i noticed this girl viewing my page on eharmony so i decided to message her.  we messaged back and forth for a few days and eventually went on a date last saturday.  she is real good at responding to texts and calls and we seemed to vibe after the first date.  she told me she is going to bring me lunch to work today and we plan on going on a 2nd date tomorrow at the astros game. 

What's her contact info? We have to warn her ASAP.

On 8/20/2021 at 10:20 AM, Texansfan713 said:

speaking of online dating, i noticed this girl viewing my page on eharmony so i decided to message her.  we messaged back and forth for a few days and eventually went on a date last saturday.  she is real good at responding to texts and calls and we seemed to vibe after the first date.  she told me she is going to bring me lunch to work today and we plan on going on a 2nd date tomorrow at the astros game. 

Is eharmony any good overall? I've mainly been using hinge & bumble lately, i find them the best now. Tinder has become the worst

Edited by 49ersfan

7 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Is eharmony any good overall? I've mainly been using hinge & bumble lately, i find them the best now. Tinder has become the worst

eharmony is for the more serious people. its the best dating site to use.  if you in a large city it could work.  some of the profiles be dead though so patience in virtue. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 10:20 AM, Texansfan713 said:

My man. Play on playa.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Anyone know anything about tinder? This girl liked me. I liked her back. She isn't in my chat window. Just trying to understand what happened. Maybe she unmatched after I matched.

This online game is tough sledding. However its only been 6 days.

Edit: I'm using bumble as well. Not great Bob.

Edited by twslhs20

38 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Anyone know anything about tinder? This girl liked me. I liked her back. She isn't in my chat window. Just trying to understand what happened. Maybe she unmatched after I matched.

Online dating is bad dating, but it's good to get numbers.

Unfortunately, it's about getting numbers.  Match with enough/message enough, some bite, then some of those result in dates, then some of those dates aren't awful.

Like, I did online dating for a few years, and had like four dates that resulted in anything other than wasting time.  Two became longer term relationships though, and one is my wife.  So, eventually, some work out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Online dating is bad dating, but it's good to get numbers.

Unfortunately, it's about getting numbers.  Match with enough/message enough, some bite, then some of those result in dates, then some of those dates aren't awful.

Like, I did online dating for a few years, and had like four dates that resulted in anything other than wasting time.  Two became longer term relationships though, and one is my wife.  So, eventually, some work out.

Yeah this has been great for what confidence and self esteem I have left lol.

I shouldn't have gotten super vested in the first place. I knew the probability going in.

7 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Yeah this has been great for what confidence and self esteem I have left lol.

I shouldn't have gotten super vested in the first place. I knew the probability going in.

I'm sure the online dating landscape has changed a lot since I was doing it, but Tinder was awful in my experience.  I lived in the middle of nowhere though, so I think I matched with like two people the whole time.

Okcupid got me better results.

But don't lose confidence, just treat it like a videogame where you have to grind for xp.  It's not enjoyable, but you eventually get something for it, and it's low effort.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2021 at 7:47 AM, twslhs20 said:

I'm engaged to someone I met from Bumble but it can definitely be frustrating.  There is also a lot of fake profiles that you have to watch out for

21 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Yeah I'm pretty much invisible to anyone I find attractive and/or interesting.

Not that just saying this will fix the mindset, but that's a bad state of mind to be in.

Everyone is interested in way more girls than are interested in them.  Don't let a few that don't reciprocate your feelings get you too down.

I guarantee, 100 percent guarantee, that there are a lot of dudes uglier and/or less desirable in other ways than you are getting girls.  Dry streaks happen to everyone.  Dating is hard.  It's easy to feel that way, but that feeling is almost certainly not a reflection of the reality.

• Like 4