Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

5 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

I get a message this morning saying sorry I really suck at replying on these things. I said all good everyone is busy with the holidays and would she prefer my number. Then she disappears and doesn't respond.

yeah, and like you say, it's the holidays. people are busy.

i mean, don't you have covid anyway? if she said let's meet in an hour, could you?

6 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

I get a message this morning saying sorry I really suck at replying on these things. I said all good everyone is busy with the holidays and would she prefer my number. Then she disappears and doesn't respond.

jaguarsfan.gif

How long has a it been? I think expecting instant responses to either texts or app messages is unreasonable. If it's been longer than a day or so, I'd take it as a sign of disinterest. No one is so busy that they can't send a message saying as such. However, since you haven't actually met in person, I wouldn't write it off yet. Given the time of year, it's understandably difficult to schedule an in-person date. If she gets back to you, ask if she's open to grabbing a drink next week or something like that. Get something scheduled, even if it's a week out or so. 

Also I'm terrible at dating so don't take any advice from me seriously. 

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

How long has a it been? I think expecting instant responses to either texts or app messages is unreasonable. If it's been longer than a day or so, I'd take it as a sign of disinterest. No one is so busy that they can't send a message saying as such. However, since you haven't actually met in person, I wouldn't write it off yet. Given the time of year, it's understandably difficult to schedule an in-person date. If she gets back to you, ask if she's open to grabbing a drink next week or something like that. Get something scheduled, even if it's a week out or so. 

Also I'm terrible at dating so don't take any advice from me seriously. 

We matched on Sunday and chatted for a couple hours. I sent her a text Monday. I didn't hear back from her till this morning. I sent a response shortly after and nothing.

I'm sure she's busy. And I'm on lock down until the 26th. I'll just keep cool until then. and shoot her a message to see if she wants to meet.

I shouldn't have high expectations. Shes like 2.5 hours from me.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, GHARMON9 said:

Not relationship advice, but friendship advice, this is pretty much venting.

Have any of you had to stop being friends or take a drastic step back from somebody?

A super unlucky/negative friend?

Yep, it was awhile ago. We were friends for awhile for a reason; definitely benefits - I learned a lot and she helped me alot. But the manipulation and her krazy life just go too much and in the end, she over stepped. I stopped following her on social media and and sent a text. I don't remember exactly what I wrote but we never spoke again. Fast forward to umpteen yrs later, if I ran into her now- no bad feelings but I wouldn't want to start the friendship back up.

Hope whatever you're situation you're in, you find and do what's best for you! 

On 12/23/2021 at 11:44 AM, twslhs20 said:

jaguarsfan.gif

I see myself in this message. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're putting way too much importance on this girl. You never would have posted about it if you didn't. This means you need to get out more / stay busy with things that solely interest you. When you have things going on in your own life you do not worry about when a woman gets back to you, especially one you literally don't know lol. Believe me I was where you were at. No woman takes that long to text/message back. Almost everyone lives on their phone, do not give me that excuse.  

Like ET said. When you get your finances right, (aka your own property, car, investments good career, etc) things become much easier with women. Though that's only one part of the process I think its by far the hardest but also the best for your own being.

Talking to women is the easiest part IMO, but I also think a decent amount of women are genuinely boring and have difficulty holding a conversation. I fall for women who have a sense of humor and are average looking versus good looking and stale personality wise. Ill be 30 next month so that shows where my head is at. (Been on this forum since I was 13 sheesh!, BornToFly still around? )  

Men just don't like the black & white of dating.. If a girl rejects you, keep it moving. She doesn't even know you! 

I've had girls over the years reject me when I asked if they wanted a drink/dance, then an hour later wanting to go home with me. I literally did nothing to persuade them . I just went on like they didn't exist. You wont believe it till it happens to you. Do not chase women, they'll make themselves available if they actually like you.

8 hours ago, K9 said:

Yep, it was awhile ago. We were friends for awhile for a reason; definitely benefits - I learned a lot and she helped me alot. But the manipulation and her krazy life just go too much and in the end, she over stepped. I stopped following her on social media and and sent a text. I don't remember exactly what I wrote but we never spoke again. Fast forward to umpteen yrs later, if I ran into her now- no bad feelings but I wouldn't want to start the friendship back up.

Hope whatever you're situation you're in, you find and do what's best for you! 

Yeah, I'm the last of our friend group to take a step back from him.

It's just starting to mess with my finances and mental health dealing with the guy.  

• Like 1