Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

Server/Bartenders jobs and hooking up w/ coworkers are seriously part of the business. My boss likes to joke around about how all the fry cooks at the local wing places have knocked up every server in the FoH.

Man, I miss my time as a server/bartender at TGIFriday's back in the day lol. Young and stupid. Live it up!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

football, six flags, and this musical called hamilton basically. 

Live music? (do you guys live in an area where there's a lot of stuff to do?) I've come across absolute gems in bars and similar spots.

Any fun nature stuff around? State parks, rivers, mountains, etc?

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

none really.  i tell her that i dont mind doing stuff she likes but she never suggests stuff other than the obvious. 

That's how women operate. 

Her: I'm down for whatever

Me: OK...wanna watch a movie?

Her: Eh...no.

Me: OK, Netflix?

Her: No.

Me: Well, I'm down for anything, so your call.

Her: Yeah, anything goes...

Me: OK, dancing?

Her: Hmmm...no.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

none really.  i tell her that i dont mind doing stuff she likes but she never suggests stuff other than the obvious. 

Well not to make broad generalizations (get it?) but sometimes you have to tease out info in clever ways. Or just go with trial and error, if you've been dating long enough she won't dump you for a bad date idea.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

Basically. 

Gotta work past it. Take the alpha role, decide on something (Non-sports related) and go. She'll either like it and you'll have a new play in the playbook, or she dislikes it and you two can laugh about the experience together.

I'd suggest dancing. Salsa lessons are a quick W.

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Gotta work past it. Take the alpha role, decide on something (Non-sports related) and go. She'll either like it and you'll have a new play in the playbook, or she dislikes it and you two can laugh about the experience together.

I'd suggest dancing. Salsa lessons are a quick W.

tried it..and she didnt want to go lol

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Also consider the same date presented in two different contexts:

Let's say there's live jazz music at a local bar. You could either 1) Ask if her she wants to grab dinner and go listen to music and have some drinks and if that sounds like something she'd like or 2) Tell her to put on something nice and be ready for date night at 8pm. Her eager anticipation will help flavor the night, and her not having to put any thought into the activities removes all 'stress'.

• Like 1