Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

On 1/7/2018 at 2:23 AM, Chiefer said:

No way bro im a cook haha. Definitely know a couple dudes like that though lmao

So - totally unrelated to anything relationship wise:

I once saw this movie, Waiting. Justin Long, Ryan Reynolds, one of the guys from Anchorman - it wasn't exactly Oscar worthy, but a good chuckle and an inside look of working at a place like Chili's. 

Is there any truth to that movie? Pretty much any of it?

14 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

So - totally unrelated to anything relationship wise:

I once saw this movie, Waiting. Justin Long, Ryan Reynolds, one of the guys from Anchorman - it wasn't exactly Oscar worthy, but a good chuckle and an inside look of working at a place like Chili's. 

Is there any truth to that movie? Pretty much any of it?

Haha dude Waiting is legendary in the restaraunt business we've all seen it.

My GM been at chili's since the 90s he said the game was real then. But he bs’ a lot so who knows. I never mess with anybody's food and I haven't seen it from anybody else. We all hate when people come in 5 minutes before close, like seriously I wanna gtfo. Chicks up front all talk crap eventually. Everybody smokes and the parties definitely get lit. 

The movie does a pretty good job displaying life working at a restaurant

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

What to do with a girl you date that only wants to hang out when its convenient for her but when you want to do something she doesn't want to?  I find that selfish AF.

She values her time more than yours, meaning she values herself more than you. Maybe point it out to her "I feel as if..." and see how she responds. With annoyance or self reflection?

On 1/12/2018 at 10:08 AM, Texansfan713 said:

What to do with a girl you date that only wants to hang out when its convenient for her but when you want to do something she doesn't want to?  I find that selfish AF.

It's hard to say with so little context. It sounds like she isn't all that invested in the relationship. If you are only casually dating I wouldn't invest too much time or energy into her. She could make for a good FWB situation if you're able to keep it lighthearted and fun. 

On 1/12/2018 at 9:34 AM, Texansfan713 said:

I already know what she gonna say.  "I have gone to a Rockets game with you before" or "we are going to SA in April for Six Flags and the Rockets/Spurs" game.  That should be enough.  Not that everytime I want to do something is sports related, but you get the point.  lol

Maybe it's the context of the site (sports related) but IMO - it does seem like everything you two have done is sports related. Think you took her to a Texans game this season, right?

Outside of dinner and a movie, can you tell us the non-sports related things you've taken her to?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

It's hard to say with so little context. It sounds like she isn't all that invested in the relationship. If you are only casually dating I wouldn't invest too much time or energy into her. She could make for a good FWB situation if you're able to keep it lighthearted and fun. 

we been dating for a year and 2 months if that helps.

and honestly i cant really think of a non dinner, movie and sports date we have gone to.  maybe thats the problem, we need to try new things.

Edited by Texansfan713