Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Whew, had me scared amigo.

As to whether or not that's good, only you'd know that. If I bought my wife a video game for an anniversary there'd be a lot of lonely nights to follow.  I'm not sure she's ever seen a video game before.  That said, everyone's different.  If that game has some special meaning to her or both of you, then go for it.

As far as dinner, just try to make it somewhere different or special.  Again, an Applebee's with a 3 course special for 12 bucks per person isn't the goal.  Try to find a really unique or meaningful place, chicks love that crap.

Yeah for some odd reason she is obsessed with this nintendo switch.  she keeps mentioning she wants just dance, and I told her I would buy it for her.  She recently bought Mario so I was going to wait a while (when she got tired of playing it) before buying her a new game.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As far as dinner, just try to make it somewhere different or special.  Again, an Applebee's with a 3 course special for 12 bucks per person isn't the goal.  Try to find a really unique or meaningful place, chicks love that crap.

Bingo. @Texansfan713 - not sure what your budget looks like, but plenty of nice spots to take her for dinner in Houston. 

Another thing I'd suggest: Couples massage. My wife and I get one either on our anniversary or Valentine's day, and it wins every time. You can probably find a really good package for $450 on up (including tip) but your paying for the ambiance at that  - can probably go to Massage Envy and get the same quality for $100.

If your GF is a sporty type - Top Golf is awesome. It's not your typical driving range, pretty much everyone I know loves it. It's one of those non-traditional activities that your lady will question going into it, but will beg to go back to after you're done.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Bingo. @Texansfan713 - not sure what your budget looks like, but plenty of nice spots to take her for dinner in Houston. 

Another thing I'd suggest: Couples massage. My wife and I get one either on our anniversary or Valentine's day, and it wins every time. You can probably find a really good package for $450 on up (including tip) but your paying for the ambiance at that  - can probably go to Massage Envy and get the same quality for $100.

If your GF is a sporty type - Top Golf is awesome. It's not your typical driving range, pretty much everyone I know loves it. It's one of those non-traditional activities that your lady will question going into it, but will beg to go back to after you're done.

I was planning on taking her to Brick House (not sure if you familiar with that restaurant @EliteTexan80. Its one on 290).  Its not expensive and the food is amazing.  Only sport my gf likes is football (go figure).

Edited by Texansfan713

9 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I was planning on taking her to Brick House (not sure if you familiar with that restaurant @EliteTexan80. Its one on 290).  Its not expensive and the food is amazing.  Only sport my gf likes is football (go figure).

Hah, I work close by Brick House tavern. Good place overall. Do you guys go there frequently? 

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

Every now and then.  We usually go to the tinsletown  right there so instead of buying high food prices at the theather we go to brickhouse afterwards.

I was in the middle of an edit, so I'll post more ideas here:

Gambling - your GF into gambling? There are buses that go from Houston to Louisiana daily. $25 bucks to Golden Nugget or Lauberge (about a 4 hour drive) and a c-note or two at the tables or slots is always fun. 

Kemah - Lotta good walking and sight seeing at the boardwalk. Tillman has a few of his restaurants out there, so good food to be had too.

Bar/club scene - been a decade since I ran around this crowd, but I heard Downtown is hopping again. Midtown is always a good choice, too.

Key thing is - make it special, not just the usual song and dance. Don't have to break the bank, but you don't want it to blend into other routine dates.

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I was in the middle of an edit, so I'll post more ideas here:

Gambling - your GF into gambling? There are buses that go from Houston to Louisiana daily. $25 bucks to Golden Nugget or Lauberge (about a 4 hour drive) and a c-note or two at the tables or slots is always fun. 

Kemah - Lotta good walking and sight seeing at the boardwalk. Tillman has a few of his restaurants out there, so good food to be had too.

Bar/club scene - been a decade since I ran around this crowd, but I heard Downtown is hopping again. Midtown is always a good choice, too.

Key thing is - make it special, not just the usual song and dance. Don't have to break the bank, but you don't want it to blend into other routine dates.

Kemah is my go to spot.  I was considering Kemah but she doesn't like it like I how I do.  I'm going to try and convince her we should go, but if she doesn't want to then I'll have a backup plan. LOL

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Kemah is my go to spot.  I was considering Kemah but she doesn't like it like I how I do.  I'm going to try and convince her we should go, but if she doesn't want to then I'll have a backup plan. LOL

Ohhhhhh, OK. Wanna stay away from go to spots for the most part. Switch it up a bit. 

• Like 1

Dinner and the gift are really nice, but try and do something that shows you put some real thought into it as opposed to just making a reservation and paying for dinner.  For my one year I found this tiny winery in a small shopping village that makes custom wine bottle labels.  It had our names on it and mentioned our one year anniversary.  I got on the phone with the owner and told them we’d be coming in to pick it up and it’d be our anniversary and they totally set us up.  We walked in and they had this tiny table in a side room set up with candles and cheese and the custom wine bottle, she went crazy over that.   Best of all the whole thing put me back like $25.

Edited by flyers0909
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Do Houston folks go to Glaveston for weekend getaways?

I was there in June and there were some nice oceanfront hotels that would make for a nice time.

Galveston or South Padre Island. Haven't been to either in a while, but both are nice (Galveston has seen better days, but that's besides the point).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Galveston or South Padre Island. Haven't been to either in a while, but both are nice (Galveston has seen better days, but that's besides the point).

Went to both in June (road trip).

I <3 SPI. Galveston was ok, the hotel was cool. Kids liked the ferry to Port Bolivar (I think that's where it went).

I'd definitely go back to SPI, prolly not Galveston.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a decent date last week with this girl i met off Tinder. Nothing overly special, but i was willing to give it a 2nd try. So i texted her and asked her out again to go to a museum and she said sure, she'd like to try it out. I texted her again with some more details of the potential meeting, but not planning an actual day yet because i am booked the next 2 weeks (plans with friends, vacation, holiday party, etc). She replies a day later, claims its because she's having issues with a friend, and only responds to some random details, not anything about meeting up. Then she says "have a good day at work", which my gut instinct was that it was her nice way of brushing me off. 

So it feels like she brushed me off, but she did confirm plans to meet up just yesterday? Am i overthinking things?