Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

one final thing i have to add.   is it weird that she didnt want to add me on facebook as a friend?  granted i dont be on facebook like i used to years ago, i personally found it weird. 

She's hiding something(ssssssssssssssssssssssssss) lol

But really this sounds sketchy af and yes, I understand I don't know the entire situation but.... I dunno. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

basically.  im starting to feel like she is using me for her convenience.  she doesnt drive.  we rarely do stuff during the week unless she wants to run an errand or something and ask me, but when I want to do something she basically does not want to do it. its bad enough we see each other once a week at least. 

That's not a good sign at all. If you were spending a lot of time together I'd say she may be extremely introverted. This relationship doesn't sound very fulfilling, and you seem to be building up resentment towards her which isn't good either.

It's also very odd you only spend one day week with her when youve been together for over a year. It sounds like you're a convenience for her rather than a companion.

It can be any number of reasons why she is treating you this way- she could be using you for ride and errands, she may not be invested in the relationship, etc...it's probably a mix of things.

Just know you can absolutely have a more fulfilling relationship with someone else. I'd personally dump her and move on, but I'm only getting part of the story,.

Edited by WizeGuy

21 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

one final thing i have to add.   is it weird that she didnt want to add me on facebook as a friend?  granted i dont be on facebook like i used to years ago, i personally found it weird. 

Eeekkk...move on, homie. She ain't worth it.

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

basically.  im starting to feel like she is using me for her convenience.  she doesnt drive.  we rarely do stuff during the week unless she wants to run an errand or something and ask me, but when I want to do something she basically does not want to do it. its bad enough we see each other once a week at least. 

Boy. Let me tell you. You'll want to pull up a chair and sit down, cuz you might not like what you will hear.

But it sounds like she's using you and not viewing you as a partner. Personally, this would be concerning.

• Like 1

Depends. Is she someone who goes on facebook once a month? Or is she a regular user?

Regular user and not friend the person she is dating is... very weird.

Oooof. That's... really bad. 

Oooof. That's really, really bad.

Honestly - you need to have a "coming to Jesus" meeting with her, figure out what's going on with your relationship. It sounds awfully one sided and more of a commitment of convenience and comfort vs an actual relationship. 

Be up front with her - use the words you used in here. You don't feel like she wants to do anything with you anymore, you feel as if she's in it for free transportation and gifts, you're not convinced she actually loves you (13 months tells me you've said it to each other at least once - correct me if I'm wrong).

Be prepared to walk if you don't like her responses. 

20 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Honestly - you need to have a "coming to Jesus" meeting with her, figure out what's going on with your relationship. It sounds awfully one sided and more of a commitment of convenience and comfort vs an actual relationship. 

Be up front with her - use the words you used in here. You don't feel like she wants to do anything with you anymore, you feel as if she's in it for free transportation and gifts, you're not convinced she actually loves you (13 months tells me you've said it to each other at least once - correct me if I'm wrong).

Be prepared to walk if you don't like her responses. 

I have said it a good amount of times but she hasnt