Week 9 GDT

TheVillain112

I'm on a vacation in Canada but I felt compelled to log in here and just say this: 

Before, I said Nathan Peterman was the worst QB of all time. I stand corrected. Nathan Peterman is actually the worst pro football player of all time. 

It's a joke for Bills fans to endure this. I feel sorry for them. McDermott should be fired for continuously playing him. He could get a walk on to play better. 

Just now, rocky_rams said:

I'm on a vacation in Canada but I felt compelled to log in here and just say this: 

Before, I said Nathan Peterman was the worst QB of all time. I stand corrected. Nathan Peterman is actually the worst pro football player of all time. 

It's a joke for Bills fans to endure this. I feel sorry for them. McDermott should be fired for continuously playing him. He could get a walk on to play better. 

The turnovers haven't really been on Peterman to be honest. Just great defensive plays

Just now, Malfatron said:

Id say Men in Tights is a horribly unfunny movie.

Blazing Saddles is awesome, but primarily because of the leads because there are a lot of jokes that miss

I'd argue the jokes miss because of who is receiving them now.  Richard Pryor was as much a writer on Blazing Saddles as Brooks' normal collaborators were.  A lot of Pryor's comedy misses with people that simply didn't live through the references that are made in it.  It's less to do with people being dumbed down by the state of certain prominent comedians and more a case of the references that are part and parcel to the hooks of the joke not resonating with people because their most prominent connection to it is from a history book, YouTube video, or History Channel documentary.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

I'd argue the jokes miss because of who is receiving them now.  Richard Pryor was as much a writer on Blazing Saddles as Brooks' normal collaborators were.  A lot of Pryor's comedy misses with people that simply didn't live through the references that are made in it.  It's less to do with people being dumbed down by the state of certain prominent comedians and more a case of the references that are part and parcel to the hooks of the joke not resonating with people because their most prominent connection to it is from a history book, YouTube video, or History Channel documentary.

i guess Mel Brooks humor is generally too slapsticky and over the top for me.

Archived