Week 9 GDT

TheVillain112

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Legarette Blount made it popular when he'd hurdle over guys with ease. That's where I first saw it.

Either that, or that time Antonio Brown jump kicked that Cleveland P. That was pretty awesome.

Priest Holmes comes to mind for me

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

but the characters have to be grounded in reality.

the MIT characters are just so over the top and ridiculous that it doesnt work

they are popular movies, but just dont work for me 

they are kitchen sink type movies like the zucker bros

that said, i do like spaceballs and blazing saddles, and the characters make it for me

Well, MIT is a terrible comparison for a Brooks movie.  Brooks mailed that one in and i think it proved to himself why he didn't want to make any more movies.  The actors were decent but they couldn't deliver on the performance (basically, you had a bunch of actors trying to "mimic a Mel Brooks actor performance" rather than just giving the performance with the material - they waaay overthought it - Ullman and Richard Lewis are about the only ones that managed to get there and I think Dave Chapelle signed on thinking he was going to get to do some Pryor-style comedy, if not be the Pryor of the comedy, and Mel/the studio weren't going to sign off on that).  MIT was basically a paint-by-numbers Brooks movie as far as the writing goes; basically a poseur film - where the studio was trying to capitalize off the recent success of other spoof-rebirth films like the Hot Shots duo that have some good/decent comedy but you can't do a Mel Brooks film without pushing the envelop in terms of what's comfortable to laugh at subject-matter wise (the closest comparison is probably, ironically, Chapelle's comedy and Chapelle Show in particular).

Danielle Hunter has got to be in the conversation for the best DE in the NFL.

Elite vs the pass (most sacks this season, was among the highest two years ago).

Elite vs the run (was his specialty coming into the NFL).

Plays extremely smart (can't remember one time he's received a Roughing/unnecessary roughing call; always lets the QB down easy and avoids head hunting).

Relentless motor.

Archived