Week 9 GDT

TheVillain112

Just now, El ramster said:

What a great game though. Met the hype! Really happy the boys fought back. And man that crowed was awesome. Super loud and dead effected the O down the stretch. 

Would be a super fun game to be at. Crowd was nuts. Rams have nothing to be ashamed of, these two teams are pretty evenly matched IMO. If they get HFA in the playoffs they should win the next meeting. 

They do have a tough second half schedule though. Chiefs, Bears, Eagles, and Detroit on the road is not a total “freebie”. I do expect them to go 3-1 in those games though. 

Just now, animaltested said:

AND Ty Montgomery being an idiot.

Conjunction, junction, whats your function.

Well see... when people make accusations of home cooking, it's kind of appropriate to cite certain examples - particularly if you're going to cite examples of other things that contributed to the outcome of the game.

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Wish there was one more Qtr lol.

held the saints to just 10 pts that second half. 

Peters you scrub get benched. 

I was mad as hell about only 10 in the 2nd half...ya'll are good. Gurley is a manimal.

Still gonna come up with a good sig for you.

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

He got into an awkward as F twitter battle with Josh Norman recently. 

I'm not saying he's the worst person in the NFL. I'm just saying someone's probably coaching him up real good to keep his personality under wraps so he can run the quiet, professional, unselfish, team-first WR bit. And I'm not even saying players should even go for that. I just think he's acting. 

In fairness, he's a receiver. They don't really need to do that. Some receivers are very professional, perhaps even demure (Julio springs to mind), and then others just kind of say whatever / do whatever. It really doesn't adversely affect them outside of a maybe some hall of fame votes lol

Also, the rams are using Peters wrong. I’m told that the Chiefs always had someone cover his back so that if he is burned the safety(Berry) was there to clean up. We never provide the scrub with help and he gambles.. We have to change the way play him. We have to always have someone on his deep side. It’s unreal. Today it haunted us! But no more. Leave JJ with him at all sides. 

Michael Thomas just cooked Marcus Peters lol

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

What makes the Saints that much better than the Panthers through the eye test?  Yea, we lost to the Falcons and Redskins (both close games), but the Saints lost to the Buccaneers and barely beat the Bucs.  We smacked the Ravens and Bengals.  

Saints might be better, but I don't know why it is a stretch to say the Panthers are as good or better (and thus would make them a top 2 team).

But you're right.  I shouldn't have implied you were saying they are a scrub team.

FWIW I think Saints > Rams > Panthers > Vikings thus far. But it's close among the top 3 and I think the Vikes will be in a better position come the postseason and be right there as well. What's unfortunate for the Panthers is that even if they finish with the 2nd best record they'll have to start on the road and play in the WC round. ;) 

In all seriousness though I don't really think the Panthers > Rams (or Saints really, considering they swept us last year), but I don't think the Saints > Rams either.  Saints are just unbelievable at home.  But it's weird how everyone just assumes the Saints are taking the NFC South.  We're a lot closer to them than people give credit for.

I come away from this Saints/Rams game thinking boy I wish the refs didnt mess up that 4th down call. The Rams couldve score a td that drive and then Zuerlein misses that FG. Thats the 10pt difference right there. Great game though. The Rams showed even in a loss in a tough environment that a lead is never safe. Down 21pts they fought back to tie the game. I still like the Rams chances to get the 1 seed because the schedule for them is alot easier than the Saints. I think the Saints needed this game big time though just to not be back 3 games of the Rams. 

Archived