• Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

When you're on pace to throw over 50 TDs, you're going to throw some easy ones. I'd also argue many of them weren't. I don't care if it's a screen pass, if you're under pressure it isn't easy . On the flip side, I don't care if a guy is wide open, a 40 yard pass isn't easy either.

But regardless, without doing the same thing for other QBs though, that video is meaningless. Without showing all the TDs, that video is meaningless.

Also, that guy is NOT a good source of info. He's blocked basically everyone who has replied to him in a way that isn't stroking his ego. He blocked Seth Keysor for asking him to make the same video for Brees for comparison.

Haters will ALWAYS find an angle, and the fans of other teams/rival players will ALWAYS support that angle.

20 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I believe that’s his point. A lot of his TDs have required very little skill on his part. I’m more interested in the stats he posted. Mahomes is benifitting from his skill players far more than any other QB.

Very little skill?

Thats definitely not true.

35 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

When you're on pace to throw over 50 TDs, you're going to throw some easy ones. I'd also argue many of them weren't. I don't care if it's a screen pass, if you're under pressure it isn't easy . On the flip side, I don't care if a guy is wide open, a 40 yard pass isn't easy either.

But regardless, without doing the same thing for other QBs though, that video is meaningless. Without showing all the TDs, that video is meaningless.

Also, that guy is NOT a good source of info. He's blocked basically everyone who has replied to him in a way that isn't stroking his ego. He blocked Seth Keysor for asking him to make the same video for Brees for comparison.

He didn’t create the stats he listed, just linking other information that IS good.

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Throwing a screen or a shovel pass doesn’t requireugh skill.

If that were true Alex Smith should be a great screen passer.(hes not)

With a traditional screen you've got rushers in your face and you gotta throw a great floater accurately in front of your receiver.

WR screens need to get there fast and in front of the target to maximise YAC.

The shovel pass is all timing based. A QB should be able to get that down. 

But his TDs arent all screens and shovels. Hes throwing the majority way more downfield. 

Not sure why Chief fans are taking offense here. Most just agree it’s Brees in the lead slightly the past couple weeks. It’s still close. Acting like 50 TDs is some automatic MVP, especially when every QB is having a career year, is just bewildering.

43 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Not sure why Chief fans are taking offense here. Most just agree it’s Brees in the lead slightly the past couple weeks. It’s still close. Acting like 50 TDs is some automatic MVP, especially when every QB is having a career year, is just bewildering.

Its an offense to say every Mahomes pass or TD is a screen or shovel. Its an insult to how great hes playing this year

I think theyre really close personally. Mahomes with the slight lead after Monday Night for me.

13 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Its an offense to say every Mahomes pass or TD is a screen or shovel. Its an insult to how great hes playing this year

I think theyre really close personally. Mahomes with the slight lead after Monday Night for me.

He jumped ahead after a 3 INT night loss? Interesting.

No one said all his passes consist of that. It’s a valid point that Mahomes benefits from his skill players more than any other QB in the league though...

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

He jumped ahead after a 3 INT night loss? Interesting.

No one said all his passes consist of that. It’s a valid point that Mahomes benefits from his skill players more than any other QB in the league though...

He was already ahead, after that game Brees pulled very close.

Thats pretty much how you worded it by saying screens are easy. But thats just an Andy Reid offense.screens, misdirection. Hes using the entire history of the NFL to attack you.

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I don't think any Chiefs fan has a problem with people picking Brees. We take offense with how some (like the Twitter feed Mookie posted in like 3 threads) choose to bash Mahomes to prop up Brees in order to make that argument. Brees is in the lead because he's having a slightly more ridiculously amazing season than Mahomes is. Not because what Mahomes is doing is easy or unimpressive.

If the passes are so easy how come this offense wasn't anywhere near as productive last year with Alex Smith? The only difference is the addition of Sammy Watkins. They've scored 404 points this season and 415 last season with Alex Smith. They're going to shatter that with 5 games left. Just like in 2008 with the Patriots or 2003 with the Rams the teams were still loaded in offensive talent but the new QBs couldn't put them anywhere near their offense heights when they had Brady and Warner respectively. Simply having great offensive talent outside of the QB doesn't guarantee an explosive offense. 

4 minutes ago, Malik said:

If the passes are so easy how come this offense wasn't anywhere near as productive last year with Alex Smith? The only difference is the addition of Sammy Watkins. They've scored 404 points this season and 415 last season with Alex Smith. They're going to shatter that with 5 games left. Just like in 2008 with the Patriots or 2003 with the Rams the teams were still loaded in offensive talent but the new QBs couldn't put them anywhere near their offense heights when they had Brady and Warner respectively. Simply having great offensive talent outside of the QB doesn't guarantee an explosive offense. 

All offenses were a little different last year.  The Saints were nowhere as elite as they are this year.  It was the same Drew Brees both years.

Mahomes is obviously better than Alex Smith, but that offense is clearly amazing if Alex smith had the kind of year he had.  He was a legit MVP candidate if he hadn't stunk up the place in the second half of the season.

13 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

All offenses were a little different last year.  The Saints were nowhere as elite as they are this year.  It was the same Drew Brees both years.

Mahomes is obviously better than Alex Smith, but that offense is clearly amazing if Alex smith had the kind of year he had.  He was a legit MVP candidate if he hadn't stunk up the place in the second half of the season.

Mahomes is still balling and will ball out as long as he has them playmakers.... there hasn’t been many quarterbacks to play this game that can make the throws he can... if any... enjoy greatness but he is top three in the league right now if not the best.

Archived