• Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

1 minute ago, Raves said:

Mahomes vs Brees against common Opponents (Cincinnati, Cleveland, LA Rams) combined:

Mahomes:  84/117, 71.8 comp%, 1211 yard, 13 TD, 5 INT, 4 Fumbles

Brees: 75/96, 78.1 comp%, 854 yards, 9 TD, 0 INT, 0 Fumble, 1 Rush TD

Pretty weak metric.   Very small sample size and Mahomes takes alot more chances and deep shots than Brees.

Not knocking on Brees, I think he is absolutely a top contender for MVP, but one "bad" game doesnt dismiss Mahomes from the convo.   

11 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Pretty weak metric.   Very small sample size and Mahomes takes alot more chances and deep shots than Brees.

Not knocking on Brees, I think he is absolutely a top contender for MVP, but one "bad" game doesnt dismiss Mahomes from the convo.   

This is just more information.  This isn't meant to dismiss Mahomes.  I thought it should've been Brees before the game due to efficiency to begin with, as i posted the stats for both through 10 games on page like 18.  Also there are still games for the Saints against Pittsburgh while Mahomes will still play Baltimore which will make a total of 5 common opponents to compare the two, which is just under 1/3rd of an NFL season.

1 minute ago, Raves said:

This is just more information.  This isn't meant to dismiss Mahomes.  I thought it should've been Brees before the game due to efficiency to begin with, as i posted the stats for both through 10 games on page like 18.

Fair enough.    

Just seems like there are alot of people trying to discredit and dismiss him for this one game, while ignoring how insanely good he has been this year,

I agree with those saying that its largely between Brees and Mahomes right now.   I wouldnt be upset to see either one win it.

14 minutes ago, jaa1025 said:

I'm not going to blame Mahomes for those two fumbles. You have a hall of fame DT dominate his guard and hit him from the blind side twice. There isn't a QB in the NFL that doesn't fumble those two plays. His arm was hit on one INT and the other he was trying to drive the ball down the field with 20 seconds left. The only INT that really is on him was the no look attempt that hit his guard and was a fluke INT. 9 times out of 10 that just hits the ground.

Well, QB fumbles are like every other stat, and need to be taken in context.  

I agree though, that there's not a lot a QB can do when the DT dominates his matchup.  Protecting the ball is priority number 1 though.

1 hour ago, jaa1025 said:

I'm not going to blame Mahomes for those two fumbles. You have a hall of fame DT dominate his guard and hit him from the blind side twice. There isn't a QB in the NFL that doesn't fumble those two plays. His arm was hit on one INT and the other he was trying to drive the ball down the field with 20 seconds left. The only INT that really is on him was the no look attempt that hit his guard and was a fluke INT. 9 times out of 10 that just hits the ground.

Forcing the ball down the field against Cover 4 is 100% on Mahomes. Chiefs could've run a 20 yard in and just taken the big chunks there. Middle of the field was wide open but Mahomes tried to force it 50 yards down field, thats 1000% on him. 

First time caller, long time listener - so, can someone rehash why Jared Goff isn't being mentioned again? Is it because of Todd Gurley (while Mahomes isn't punished for Kareem Hunt and Drew Brees isn't punished for Kamara/Ingram?)

Just seems... well... a bit off?

I'll hang up and listen, tks.

33 minutes ago, ET80 said:

First time caller, long time listener - so, can someone rehash why Jared Goff isn't being mentioned again? Is it because of Todd Gurley (while Mahomes isn't punished for Kareem Hunt and Drew Brees isn't punished for Kamara/Ingram?)

I'd say Goff is in the running, but he's 26/6 through 11 while Brees is 25/1 through ten.  And has already lost to the Saints, which hurts his case(even though I think QB v QB narratives are silly).  

36 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He doesn’t have the bulk of Mahomes or the efficiency of Brees. 

I think it’d take both KC/NO losing games + drop off from the QBs for Goff to win it.

Archived