Dez Bryant to New Orleans Saints

Chargers

18 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Ohhh, Michael Thomas will not be pleased about this. He's spent months auditioning for the role of the resident strutting, self-important, sometimes desperately unlikeable wide receiver on the team.

Uh. Hmmmmmm. Welp..... Just gonna have to give this two thumbs down.

1)Is the confidence really that bad? I'd be strutting around too if I was the favorite target of a HOF QB who was having the best year of his career and I was having mine heading into contract negotiations in the next year or two and just all around killing it in general.

2) Self important? He's very important to everyone on that team. Who would Brees be throwing to without him? Austin Carr? A 37 year old tight end? Two other guys who apparently can't learn the playbook? I think you're really underselling him here. 

3) I don't really get the "desperately unlikeable" narrative at all. Care to expand on that?

17 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

You really haven't noticed? The man oozes smugness in my eyes. I saw it well before the cell phone stunt, and that just made it official.

First of all:  @mission27 you seeing this? Criticizing a man for being smug. What is this world coming to?

Second of all: The cell phone stunt was incredible and a legendary move that cemented him in the hearts of Saints fans for eternity. How dare you sir. 

17 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I hadn't even heard about those, but sure, let's throw them in too. ^_^

As a guy who heartily dislikes the Saints I will always be somewhat biased, but that is the way I look at him.

Ah. This makes sense now. Lead with this next time lol. 

18 hours ago, Raves said:

which is amazing considering they won't be setting the records that they did in the 2011 season I think it was.

We had better depth in 2011.  Thomas and Kamara are better at the top end,  but Colston, Graham, and Sproles are no slouches.  Our o-line was tops in the league that year as well.  We had depth guys like Lance Moore, Meachem, and Henderson.  Our running game was split 4 ways between Sproles, Ingram, Pierre Thomas, and Chris Ivory.  Sproles and Thomas also great in the passing game as well.

We have a great offense this year, but I can't say it's better than 2011, at least not yet.

53 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

In addition to Ginn, it seems Cam Meredith has also been put on IR:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10770/cameron-meredith

Definitely explains this move more.

There were rumors Cam couldn't learn the playbook.  Maybe it was the injury, or a combination of both, but either way, he's been a complete waste of a signing.

23 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

You really haven't noticed? The man oozes smugness in my eyes. I saw it well before the cell phone stunt, and that just made it official.

He's related to Keyshawn Johnson (think Key is his uncle) so yeah, he's gonna be smug. Runs in the family.

Not sure how it pertains to his ability, but whatevs. Good on you, y'know?

5 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Well that is an absolute steal!

Be turned down a $21 million deal with the Ravens to sign a contract with us that won’t even count against the cap cause he’s not in the top 53 for salaries on our team lol.

8 hours ago, Dome said:

Be turned down a $21 million deal with the Ravens to sign a contract with us that won’t even count against the cap cause he’s not in the top 53 for salaries on our team lol.

Definition of chasing that ring. Not much choice at this point of the season really. Had to be done if he wanted to put "something" on tape for FA next year!

12 hours ago, Dome said:

Pretty sure it’s the top 51 that counts. And that rule only applies in the offseason.

Still a drop in the bucket, though.

13 hours ago, Dome said:

Maybe he actually wants a chance at a ring and was just waiting to see how the teams fell, figuring that some contender will be in need of a WR?

What's better than one Michael Thomas? Two Michael Thomas'. Obviously Bryant is a weathered version of the young buck, but they shared a very similar skill set which fits their offense perfectly. Tre'Quan will threaten deep while the other two own the middle. Good signing. 

Brees is seemingly at his best throwing to big, strong targets. I wish the Saints traded for Jimmy Graham at the deadline. That'd be fun to watch.

Archived