Trubisky vs Watson, long term

Activated10

Trubisky vs Watson  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Trubisky or Watson, which QB you take for next decade

• Mitchell Trubisky
    • Deshaun Watson

17 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Lol at Bears fans still being in denial about Mahomes being better now and in the future than Trubisky.

It's a process I guess.

Why LOL? And why would it be denial as it's some sort of fact.  Do you think 9 games is a large enough sample size to say you know what a player will or wont be.  Let me make this clear. I'm not saying Trubisky is better, or Watson is better, or Mahomes is better, I'm saying we dont know and won't know until 2020.

16 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

No I dont think any chiefs fan would trade straight up.  I never made they argument.  I said I wouldnt trade straight up bc of an unknown quantity that it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to take anything as definitive.  Go ahead and judge off of not even 1 year of performance.  I've said all along I'll have a stronger opinion on 10 after week 12.  Personally for me this season has gone pretty much exactly as I thought it would.  I had the Bears at 5-3 at this point of the season.  I thought the offense itself would start hot thru the first four or 5 games then hit a rough stretch as defenses caught up, now I predict the offense is going to make steady progress to the end of the season.  I thought Tru would look ok to start the year and would have some gaudy games mixed in with some lesser ones and then he would start to get hot towards the end of the year.  I have thought since the draft that this could be a Dan Marino, John Elway, Jim Kelly class.  I haven't seen anything to really change my mind on that.

Edit: Also I want to make it clear when I talk about situations being reversed I'm not just talking about weapons.  One guy was drafted into a system, spent the entire offseason, a full regular season, another off season, and 9 games in that same system.  The other was drafted into an archaic offense, spent the off season plus 16 games in that archaic offense, Had a regime change and started learning a new system in April and has 8 games playing in the system.  It's not apples to apples by any means.

You're not irrational in anything your saying. But as a guy who's cooler on Mahomes than some because of scheme and weapon importance in today's NFL, 10 games is enough to say he's performed substantially better than Trubisky. I can make a better argument that Trubisky as close to being (or is) a bottom 10 quarterback as I can that Mahomes is a top 5 one this year and it has nothing to to with statistics. I think Trubisky could become a decent starter. He uses his feet well. But he makes poor decisions that aren't always punished (i.e. pats game) statistically and has missed a lot of throws. Do you think Trubisky's going to transform as a player? I don't think his struggles come from system familiarity as much as you may be implying. The bears offense is pretty quarterback friendly by what I've seen. They actually protect Trubisky with a lot of their playcalls. Nagy's offense runs in the Andy Reid vein so that isn't totally unexpected .

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You're not irrational in anything your saying. But as a guy who's cooler on Mahomes than some because of scheme and weapon importance in today's NFL, 10 games is enough to say he's performed substantially better than Trubisky. I can make a better argument that Trubisky as close to being (or is) a bottom 10 quarterback as I can that Mahomes is a top 5 one this year and it has nothing to to with statistics. I think Trubisky could become a decent starter. He uses his feet well. But he makes poor decisions that aren't always punished (i.e. pats game) statistically and has missed a lot of throws. Do you think Trubisky's going to transform as a player? I don't think his struggles come from system familiarity as much as you may be implying. The bears offense is pretty quarterback friendly by what I've seen. They actually protect Trubisky with a lot of their playcalls. Nagy's offense runs in the Andy Reid vein so that isn't totally unexpected .

The offense is very qb friendly,  it's the same offense that Mahomes is in, it's 8 freaking games versus 25.  That's the crux of the issue.  Then you have the added fact that its 8 games for everybody in that offense, versus YEARS for everybody in the KC offense sans Watkins and the QB.  And being real, Tru hasnt made a bad decision in probably 4 weeks.  Hes missed some throws, but every qb misses throws.  The fact is that hes top 10 in deep ball accuracy,  oh and that's throwing the ball deep 2nd only to Mahomes.  People have held Tru to some absurd standard that hes supposed to be perfect.  People will point to one missed throw and use that as justification and completely ignore the special throws he makes.  They act as if no other QB misses throws. Yeah hes gotten away with a couple dropped ints (3 by my count) he also has had dropped TDs (at least 3) but hey that doesnt happen to any other QB now does it.  And I'd love to hear the bottom 10 argument considering hes top 16 at worst in pretty much any statistical measure and top 10 in a lot of them

4 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

This forum is funny. That is all.

I actually planned on watching a couple of their games via DAZN to establish a valid opinion before I posted. I've been busy. I'm not avoiding you. The last time I saw Trubisky was versus New England. I want to see how things are developing. Same with Watson. 

On 11/8/2018 at 9:35 AM, Superman(DH23) said:

No, I wouldnt.  Its unknown quantity what he looks like when hes not surrounded by the best set of weapons in the NFL and paired with maybe the most QB friendly HC of all time.  We actually do know what Tru looks like surrounded by 0 weapons and in an archaic offense that is one of the worst called ever. And that's at least respectable.  Trubisky was in a worse situation last year than Darnold is now, and looked a hell of a lot better than Darnold does.

He looked good last year with minimal weapons(Albert Wilson, Demarcus Robinson, Demetrius Harris)

With Nagy calling plays.

Granted it was one start but you could see how amazing he could be with his throws. Even had a two minute drill to win the game after the 3rd string QB fumbled away a big lead.

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

He looked good last year with minimal weapons(Albert Wilson, Demarcus Robinson, Demetrius Harris)

With Nagy calling plays.

Granted it was one start but you could see how amazing he could be with his throws. Even had a two minute drill to win the game after the 3rd string QB fumbled away a big lead.

I mean 1 start week 17 really doesnt mean much.  And I'm not trying to take anything away from Mahomes.  I think hes really good, I thought he was really good coming out.  My only concern with him was some of the "Brett favre" tendencies.  To this point that hasnt really been an issue.  I'm just pointing out how absurd it is to say 1 of the 3 is definitely better than the others AND will be in the future.  It's just not a fair comparison.

Edit: And comparing even the weapons from week 17 with Kendall Wright, Josh Bellamy, Deonte Thompson, Tre McBride, etc... is not even close.  Bellamy is the only 1 on a roster right now, and hes the 4th string wr.

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I mean 1 start week 17 really doesnt mean much.  And I'm not trying to take anything away from Mahomes.  I think hes really good, I thought he was really good coming out.  My only concern with him was some of the "Brett favre" tendencies.  To this point that hasnt really been an issue.  I'm just pointing out how absurd it is to say 1 of the 3 is definitely better than the others AND will be in the future.  It's just not a fair comparison.

Brett Favre is an all-time great Quarterback so im not seeing the issue. I'm fact we traded up for him because Reid saw Favre in him.

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

Brett Favre is an all-time great Quarterback so im not seeing the issue. I'm fact we traded up for him because Reid saw Favre in him.

Favre is, no doubt, but after Lovie came here, the Bears beat the brakes off the Pack until Rodgers took over.  Favre is probably a more likable teammate, but Jay and Favre had the same tendencies, and Brett Favre was the go to Jay Cutler, AND Rex Grossman comparisons, you can understand why that would give me pause.

19 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Favre is, no doubt, but after Lovie came here, the Bears beat the brakes off the Pack until Rodgers took over.  Favre is probably a more likable teammate, but Jay and Favre had the same tendencies, and Brett Favre was the go to Jay Cutler, AND Rex Grossman comparisons, you can understand why that would give me pause.

I don't remember Sexy Rexy as much but Jay Cutler was more Eddie George than Favre. He didn't create out of the pocket like Favre and had no where near the same arm talent or athletic ability. Just a big arm that liked to pout on the sidelines

Archived