Trubisky vs Watson  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Trubisky or Watson, which QB you take for next decade

• Mitchell Trubisky
    • Deshaun Watson

13 minutes ago, malak1 said:

He drove the Bears downfield to take the lead late against the Dolphins iiirc

ok sure we can count that

I mean I'm sure he's going to get his chance to show what he's got, im not trying to argue that he's not a cluch guy. I just feel like he lacks that big moment game experience that he might have gotten if he had started in college sooner. At the moment, I just found his reaction in the greenbay game a bit worrisome. 

15 minutes ago, tab said:

I mean I'm sure he's going to get his chance to show what he's got, im not trying to argue that he's not a cluch guy. I just feel like he lacks that big moment game experience that he might have gotten if he had started in college sooner. At the moment, I just found his reaction in the greenbay game a bit worrisome. 

I feel/felt the same way. I will say, however, that after watching him make so many strides in different areas over the course of the season, I feel ALOT more confident that he can get it done now than I did a month ago. We'll see.

edit: The fact that he continues to get better in certain areas while not making your typical rookie mistakes is a big reason for that confidence.

6 hours ago, tab said:

Holding his performance in 1 game, that was his first in the system, the first for the whole offense, the first for the coach, against him when its 1 of 9 games is kinda ridiculous.  Its not like he hasnt hadnbig.moments in games.  You can look back at the Bears 3 losses and you would have a real hard time making the case that they lost bc of Trubisky.  What I would suggest is that you look at him before Tampa and after Tampa, bc that was the turning point.  Since the Tampa game he has just gotten better in just about every aspect.  Yesterday against Detroit the Bears ran almost exclusively the check with me offense that Nagy is known for.  And it was a thing of beauty.

Trubisky still hadn't had a truly impressive game IMO.

When he's winning by 22 pts, he has been at his best. Aka when the Bears are beating up on bad teams. 

Nagy has done a fantastic job scheming that offense around Trubisky. With all the skill position players in that Bears offense, there's been so many wide open throws for Trubisky.

When he's been forced to make tough throws under pressure (which hasn't been often this season, thanks to that insanely easy schedule) he hasn't impressed me.

Watson has done quite the opposite of that. He's performed very well in general IN SPITE of his team and his coach and the fact that he's coming off of a torn ACL (he and Wentz both). 

The Bears have been the perfect storm for Trubisky. In a vacuum, he isn't a very good QB. In Chicago, with those players, with Nagy as his HC, and that defense, and one of the easiest schedules I've ever seen, sure Trubisky is able to trick people into thinking he's good. Good for him on that. Can't knock him there. 

But I've seen enough of him to say confidently that if Trubisky were asked to carry a team like Watson has or Wentz, LOL. He'd be GIF worthy level of bad.

59 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

When he's winning by 22 pts, he has been at his best. Aka when the Bears are beating up on bad teams. 

Nagy has done a fantastic job scheming that offense around Trubisky. With all the skill position players in that Bears offense, there's been so many wide open throws for Trubisky.

When he's been forced to make tough throws under pressure (which hasn't been often this season, thanks to that insanely easy schedule) he hasn't impressed me.

Watson has done quite the opposite of that. He's performed very well in general IN SPITE of his team and his coach and the fact that he's coming off of a torn ACL (he and Wentz both). 

The Bears have been the perfect storm for Trubisky. In a vacuum, he isn't a very good QB. In Chicago, with those players, with Nagy as his HC, and that defense, and one of the easiest schedules I've ever seen, sure Trubisky is able to trick people into thinking he's good. Good for him on that. Can't knock him there. 

But I've seen enough of him to say confidently that if Trubisky were asked to carry a team like Watson has or Wentz, LOL. He'd be GIF worthy level of bad.

This is a perfect example of an incredibly bad take.  You clearly haven't been watching Trubisky bc he has had to carry the offense ALL YEAR LONG.  The Bears run game has been nonexistent except for Trubisky.  He has a qbr over 100 and is currently 6th in the league in that stat.  He is on pace to become only the 2nd QB ever to throw for over 3800 yards, score 36+ total TDs and rush for 600+ yards.  The first qb to do that? Cam, in his 2015 MVP season.  Trubisky was impressive enough that everybody who was talking trash last week has completely shut up this week, bc he keeps going right thru the goal posts that everybody keeps trying to move for him

On 11/11/2018 at 10:54 PM, tab said:

He's been behind with his learning curve because of lack of experience, for sure. Most of his detractors don't take that into account. As far as clutch goes, as odd as it sounds...the Patriots game was filled with horrible coaching decisions by the Bears staff, as well as some downright awful play by the Bears special teams AND defense--and it was still a nail-biter. Tru almost pulled off a Hail Mary at the end. 

1 hour ago, BAConrad said:

Tampa Bay--19/26 (73.1%) 354 yds (13.62 YPA), 6 TD, 0 INT, 3 rushes, 53 yds. 154.6 rating. (old school)

A six touchdown game isn't impressive? That's an interesting take. 

And...I know what your response will be (if you give one)--so, how about; what other QBs have had games like that against Tampa Bay? 

1 hour ago, BAConrad said:

Watson has impressed me as well, and his situation is sort of complex, so I'm not going to get into that.

But--Wentz CARRYING the Eagles? That's simply ridiculous. The Eagles are a solid team up and down. 

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

He's been behind with his learning curve because of lack of experience, for sure. Most of his detractors don't take that into account. As far as clutch goes, as odd as it sounds...the Patriots game was filled with horrible coaching decisions by the Bears staff, as well as some downright awful play by the Bears special teams AND defense--and it was still a nail-biter. Tru almost pulled off a Hail Mary at the end. 

Tampa Bay--19/26 (73.1%) 354 yds (13.62 YPA), 6 TD, 0 INT, 3 rushes, 53 yds. 154.6 rating. (old school)

A six touchdown game isn't impressive? That's an interesting take. 

And...I know what your response will be (if you give one)--so, how about; what other QBs have had games like that against Tampa Bay? 

Watson has impressed me as well, and his situation is sort of complex, so I'm not going to get into that.

But--Wentz CARRYING the Eagles? That's simply ridiculous. The Eagles are a solid team up and down. 

Lol, the Eagles just won a SB without Wentz.....despite their record, they are a good team.

I loved Trubisky and think he's going to end up being one of the best QB's in the league. Watson is better right now, but I see Trubisky rapidly improving each week.

Trubisky did not play a lot of college football. He was always going to be a raw prospect that needed a lot of seasoning. Him taking his lumps was not surprising to me in the slightest. He's going to be fine. He's going to be an excellent QB. Will he be better than Watson? I don't know, but my guess based on what I'm projecting, is yes.

49 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Lol, the Eagles just won a SB without Wentz.....despite their record, they are a good team.

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and just stop you right here. 

Have you watched our team? At all? Or are you just looking at our SB roster? Because missing from that SB team are:

Torrey Smith and Mack Hollins at WR 

Derek Barnett and Tommy Jernigan at DE and DT 

All three of our starting corners from SB? One left, one just tore his ACL, and the other is hurt and also sucks when he is healthy.

Lane Johnson, Wizniewski, and JP have all been either hurt, inexplicably benched, or bad and then hurt. In that order.

Our starting safety McLeod is out and has been gone all this season pretty much. And we have had to start a 4th round rookie slot cornerback who is 5'9 in his place. 

Ajayi just tore his ACL. Blount left. We have a dinged up Clement and Smallwood at RB. 

Oh and two of our assistant coaches have left and gone on to do incredibly well in their jobs as HC in Indy and Oc In Minnesota. And we didn't replace either of them. 

So please tell me more about this SB caliber roster that Wentz is surrounded by. I'll wait

5 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Could have sworn this was a Watson vs Trubisky and not another slurping Wentz thread.

4 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

This is a perfect example of an incredibly bad take.  You clearly haven't been watching Trubisky bc he has had to carry the offense ALL YEAR LONG.  The Bears run game has been nonexistent except for Trubisky.  He has a qbr over 100 and is currently 6th in the league in that stat.  He is on pace to become only the 2nd QB ever to throw for over 3800 yards, score 36+ total TDs and rush for 600+ yards.  The first qb to do that? Cam, in his 2015 MVP season.  Trubisky was impressive enough that everybody who was talking trash last week has completely shut up this week, bc he keeps going right thru the goal posts that everybody keeps trying to move for him

What? 

Trubisky has had to CARRY the offense? 

Yeah....Cause Tarik Cohen Jordan Howard Anthony Miller Trey Burton Allen Robinson and Taylor Gabriel have all been so bad and have just been bailed out so many times by Trubisky right? 

Dude. I know now. YOU are Mitchell Trubisky's mom aren't you??? So why did you make him change it from Mitch to Mitchell? Just curious

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

Why is Mahomes docked for experience and surrounding cast vs Trubisky, but when it’s Trubisky vs Watson nobody cares about BoB, the trash offensive line, or the injury?

*Shrug*

I tried to bring it up...

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Could have sworn this was a Watson vs Trubisky and not another slurping Wentz thread.

Oh you're right. I'm so stupid. I managed to just make this all about Wentz. 

Wait hold on...*reads post*. Oh. No. I actually brought up Wentz because of the strikingly similar seasons he and Watson are having/going through (bad OL, inferior coaching, coming off torn ACLs)

But hey screw context am I right

1 hour ago, malak1 said:

I don’t think the Eagles are trash or anything but multiple aspects of the team has regressed this year. Virtually on defense minus Fletcher. The offensive line. The run game. Even Pederson is getting flak.

Archived