Trubisky vs Watson, long term

Activated10

Trubisky vs Watson  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Trubisky or Watson, which QB you take for next decade

• Mitchell Trubisky
    • Deshaun Watson

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Certainly. I saw a lot of things I liked in Watson and a lot of things I didn't like in Trubisky. Not going to comment further until I've seen them more recently but I've been very busy... Mostly playing Red Dead 2.

You've been one of, if not the biggest Mitch detractors on here. Saying all sorts of bold statements about how bad he is etc. And now that you've been asked to back it up your "too busy". How convenient. 

23 minutes ago, Pool said:

You've been one of, if not the biggest Mitch detractors on here. Saying all sorts of bold statements about how bad he is etc. And now that you've been asked to back it up your "too busy". How convenient. 

I see how it can look that way, but I promise you that's not the case.

EDIT: Let's make something perfectly clear, I haven't been asked to back anything up in here nor am I somehow running. I've frankly stated my reasoning more than once in multiple threads on here. That assessment was based on what I've seen from weeks ago (I believe Week 7 versus the Patriots was the last game I've seen). Things looked incredibly bleak from my perspective. I haven't seen him recently but everything I've read from Bears fans here sounds promising. I'm not going to comment on something I haven't seen. God forbid I don't rush home and pop on DAZN because you're waiting for an answer. It will come when I'm good and ready. 

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I am a profoundly sad Packers fan.

tenor.gif?itemid=8361930

I approve of Parks and Recs gifs for use. The Office, 30 Rock, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Arrested Development are also acceptable in my book (and my book is all that matters, because I'm awesome).

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

I approve of Parks and Recs gifs for use. The Office, 30 Rock, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Arrested Development are also acceptable in my book (and my book is all that matters, because I'm awesome).

I like your book even if you forgot Archer. Anyways, where can I get a copy?

32 minutes ago, Pool said:

I like your book even if you forgot Archer. Anyways, where can I get a copy?

tenor.gif?itemid=4462391

Apologies for missing Archer. 

But, sadly - book is not for sale. Such wisdom can only be entrusted in wise hands. My hands. 

Or the hands of the clone Kreiger made of me. Robot. Cyborg. One of those two.

3R3W.gif

Give Watson a real OL, and Fuller & Coutee back next year (at least halfway in year, so that kinda fulfills what Fuller typically does), and let Trubisky learn Nagy's system fully this year, and have Miller & ARob & Burton & Cohen all familiar with Nagy's system (and Miller acclimated to NFL year 2 bump), and then we can have a legit answer next year. It's a boring answer, but in reality, that's the problem. 

Watson's clearly the better guy IRL right now, Tru's been putting up great #'s despite the fact he's been leaving yards & TD's on the field most games (DET was the first I can recall he wasn't flat out awful...which then brings into Q whether it was Tru or the DET DST - because man, as a Miller dynasty owner, I can tell you he's been leaving yards & TD's on the field).  With HOU owning all its picks and a loaded T class, I think we see a much improved HOU OL next year, and the bump in Nagy's year 2 system.  Then we can have a much cleaner analysis.

12 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Try harder

this_partys_over_star_wars.gif

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Give Watson a real OL, and Fuller & Coutee back next year (at least halfway in year, so that kinda fulfills what Fuller typically does), and let Trubisky learn Nagy's system fully this year, and have Miller & ARob & Burton & Cohen all familiar with Nagy's system (and Miller acclimated to NFL year 2 bump), and then we can have a legit answer next year. It's a boring answer, but in reality, that's the problem. 

Watson's clearly the better guy IRL right now, Tru's been putting up great #'s despite the fact he's been leaving yards & TD's on the field most games (DET was the first I can recall he wasn't flat out awful...which then brings into Q whether it was Tru or the DET DST - because man, as a Miller dynasty owner, I can tell you he's been leaving yards & TD's on the field).  With HOU owning all its picks and a loaded T class, I think we see a much improved HOU OL next year, and the bump in Nagy's year 2 system.  Then we can have a much cleaner analysis.

Bucs game?

I agree that the DET game was his only game this year where I didn't see any mistakes at all (his throw away in the end zone to Arob couldn't been a TD--my only minor complaint) but I disagree that is was the only game that he didn't looked awful. Even going back to the throw away though, that also showed his progression because one of the complaints on him was that he would too often try an force a pass that wasn't there or try an run with it. On that play, he first tried to take off with the ball (when he had an open clearing) but couldn't find an opening so he chucked it away.

As one of his detractors who have watched his progression closely (because the future of this franchise depends on it) it was good to see him further learning from his mistakes in the past.

7 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Bucs game?

I agree that the DET game was his only game this year where I didn't see any mistakes at all (his throw away in the end zone to Arob couldn't been a TD--my only minor complaint) but I disagree that is was the only game that he didn't looked awful. Even going back to the throw away though, that also showed his progression because one of the complaints on him was that he would too often try an force a pass that wasn't there or try an run with it. On that play, he first tried to take off with the ball (when he had an open clearing) but couldn't find an opening so he chucked it away.

As one of his detractors who have watched his progression closely (because the future of this franchise depends on it) it was good to see him further learning from his mistakes in the past.

He wasn't awful in the Bucs game...but he left a ton of yards/TD's out there.  It just wasn't needed in that game, so it was less noticeable.

I've said all along it's way too soon to call him a bust from when the NE game happened (and that unfortunate thread started in NFLGen), so I'm happy to see him improve as well.  Especially as a Miller owner.  I just don't think we can call it a sustained improvement because of how vulnerable the DET pass D is.   The MIN D wil provide a nice barometer (and even more so when they travel to MIN later on).

30 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

He wasn't awful in the Bucs game...but he left a ton of yards/TD's out there.  It just wasn't needed in that game, so it was less noticeable.

I've said all along it's way too soon to call him a bust from when the NE game happened (and that unfortunate thread started in NFLGen), so I'm happy to see him improve as well.  Especially as a Miller owner.  I just don't think we can call it a sustained improvement because of how vulnerable the DET pass D is.   The MIN D wil provide a nice barometer (and even more so when they travel to MIN later on).

Oh I agree 100% that we can't call it a sustained improvement. At this point we can't call any QB's progressions or regressions sustainable. But when I see in a QB like Mitch (or any other for that matter) continue to make those small changes and decisions in his game, even in a short period, it says alot to me. The week before last he took a sack because he didn't throw the ball away. And last week he did in the red zone.

Getting off subject a bit here but understand, I'm watching Mitch VERY close. In fact, my personal health depends on it at this point. 

I have watched this team go down in drain, year after year, and now that I see the possibility of that actually changing for once in years.....you best believe I am watching the most important piece of that and so far I'm impressed with not only how much progression Mitch has shown, but also how fast he is learning from his mistakes and avoiding them in the future.

For example, in Week 1(I believe), he missed a wide open Burton in the end zone while looking right at him but didn't trust his instincts or his arm so he threw the ball across his body to the check down. But 2 weeks ago(I believe) I watched him make a good SAFE throw in end zone when he targeted Miller who was in one on one coverage against a corner who had his back to Mitch and he placed the ball perfectly. Low and inside. That play showed his intelligence and accuracy all in one. Because there was only 3 possible outcomes on that throw: 1) An incompletion to live to fight another day. 2) A TD. 3) A DPI. 

Those are things I look at when judging QB's.

Archived